+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: fifth person to get eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818

I'm not sure if it is or not. I know downloading music is because of a copyright law, but I'm not sure if stand up comedy is covered by that. If it's material from a comedian's album it might be illegal. I avoid downloading anything like that at all costs now. I don't want to run the risk of the government putting some kind of "spyware" in my computer to make it slower. I think if my computer slows down anymore the damn thing is going to stop running altogether.
    Disclaimer: IANAL

The Question really is on who holds the copyright on the material. If it is Voss and he says its ok for you to D/L, then its fine. If it is somone else and they dont want it D/L'ed it could be a problem.

Thats the technical issue: on the reality issue, unless Vos or his recording company is a member of the RIAA, there is little reason to feel that anyone will procecute.

Remember, with the Exception of one or two musicians, all the lawsuits come from the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) or the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America), and unless they are affiliated with the specific artist/producer then if they sue you, they can be in deep doo doo.

As for d/l LCS, The question comes to the definition of 'Fair Use' Which states that you can use : Parts of a recorded work for educational/ research use. You can make back-up copies for your personal use (but you cannot sell it and you must destroy the backup if you sell the original). You can also use a work for satirical purposes.

can you satire a satire? Is is (to quote Bill Maher) Satarized for your protection, thats a question I cannot answer.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Regular

it's reality tv

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    Is there anyone out there who thinks it could possibly be anyone other than Cory or Geoff to go next?

Then again, I never expected Dave to go so soon...

I thought Dat was funnier than Dave in head to head. However, I didn't think Dave should go so soon either. It's reality TV anyone can go next week. However, if there's still a coalition I think Dat or Geoff will be nominated for head to head. I don't think that Dat or Geoff would challenge each other because they seem to be friends. It might be someone from the coalition

Quote Originally Posted by JULIE816
    I thought Dat was funnier than Dave in head to head. However, I didn't think Dave should go so soon either. It's reality TV anyone can go next week. However, if there's still a coalition I think Dat or Geoff will be nominated for head to head. I don't think that Dat or Geoff would challenge each other because they seem to be friends. It might be someone from the coalition
    I'm thinking Tess v Cory.

I'm not sure which i dislike more.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I wonder if there will be an immunity challenge. . I would like to see Geoff, Rich, or Tess onstage since they have not been in a head to head challenge. I can only hope that either Tess or Cory gets eliminated, but then again, it really depends on how good their sets are.

I know a lot of people aren't going to agree with me, but out of everyone, I want to see Dat get eliminated. I like everyone else that's left. I used to think that Dat was very funny, but I'm starting to find his material to be less and less appealing. I'm more entertained by the other 5,er, 4 comics(I don't find Geoff entertaining because, well, isn't it obvious?) Like Tess said, "I don't want to see no more swinging the sticks." That line cracked me up I guess if he opened up a little more, and said something funny in the house I'd like him better. I know this isn't a contest to see who's got the best off the cuff remarks, but I guess I just find the other comics' personalities more appealing, which makes me a little more biased towards them. I know he won't be eliminated, I don't think he'll go in a head to head again(but I'm still not sure how the final elimination is going to work out) I know his set from last week was edited and a lot of his big laughs were supposedly taken out, that may have been why I didn't find him very funny. I still like him, he just runs hot and cold with me. The others, for the most part, I have liked from the beginning, except Geoff because I can't seem to remember anything he's said since he's been in the house. At this point, I don't really want to see any of them go, I want to see them all perform in the finale.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I wonder if there will be an immunity challenge. . I would like to see Geoff, Rich, or Tess onstage since they have not been in a head to head challenge. I can only hope that either Tess or Cory gets eliminated, but then again, it really depends on how good their sets are.
    I doubt that considering Cory won the last imunity on episode 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345