+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The truth about the Dat/Dave showdown

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar

Question about Dat's closing joke

In the face-off between Dat and Dave, Dat finished with a joke "Two Asians walk into a bar, two weeks later they own it" .... can someone please explain to me what this means? I must be comically challenged because I don't understand that joke and apparently he thought it was funny enough to close his act with. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ahlene
    In the face-off between Dat and Dave, Dat finished with a joke "Two Asians walk into a bar, two weeks later they own it" .... can someone please explain to me what this means? I must be comically challenged because I don't understand that joke and apparently he thought it was funny enough to close his act with. :-)
    Actually, he was making a joke about his dad (whom his mom was trying to have on her side to support her 'you took the money for college and bought a PA system with it'. Dad'd reaction: to play with it using lame jokes.

the joke is about the tendancy for many asians to buy up businesses, as if they have a seemingly endless amount of money.

Not very funny per se, but its the context that matters.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    It was funny because he brought an old joke back. That is always funny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345