+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The truth about the Dat/Dave showdown

Yes, especially if they go two weeks in a row. I have a feeling that Dat will go head-to-head with Cory Cahaney next week.

Quote Originally Posted by carrera
    Well if anything, everyone gets some good free exposure. I have a feeling that no matter who wins, someone else will be getting a better deal out of it. Think American Idol - the winner gets bound to all kinds of restrictive contracts while the others have a bit (but not much) more freedom. I don't know what the LCS contracts are like, but if the winner has a deal like AI's, the others will be much better off.
    AI actually seems to contractually bind many of the finalists--not just the winners--at a minimum the top three, I'd guess. I don't think LCS could get away with this, since people who were already in the middle of the comedy rankings, like Vos and Ralphie would never have agreed to be involved in the first place if that were the case. Heck... even the winners contract for LCS may not be as annoying as the AI model because of that. I imagine its an exclusivity deal of some type for TV but doesn't bind them in other media.

FLuFFy_slayer
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that everybody who appears on AI at any time is contractually bound. I know Danny Rodriguez, who didn't even make the top 32, isn't allowed to do anything until 3 months after Ruben's album is released.

Those guys are rough over there, and like you said, if the contract on LCS was anywhere near as binding, half of them wouldn't have agreed to do it.

Rymer
    The only way Dat will win and truly deserve it is if every comedian but Dat goes into cardiac arrest. Not only would the show live up to its title, but I think we can all honestly say that that would be the supreme spin on reality tv. Who would expect it?
    Did you get a look at the guy who robbed you? Well, it was Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowDisease
    The only way Dat will win and truly deserve it is if every comedian but Dat goes into cardiac arrest. Not only would the show live up to its title, but I think we can all honestly say that that would be the supreme spin on reality tv. Who would expect it?
    Dave's bitterness is very infectuous... and the diseases spreads like wildfire.

Rymer
    Monkey, you think you have the whole world figured out. When your reality check clears, you'll see that you don't have anything figured out at all. I'm not bitter. I'm just amazed that Dat has gotten this far against the truly talented. I don't think that's right at all. Neither does NBC.

NBC is the one with a potential disaster on their hands. Why do you think they cut out so much of Dat's act. Why do you think they try to make him look unfunny and untalented. Why do you think they package the others as highly talented and ambitious. It's not drama. NBC is slapping you in the face with the comedians bound for stardom and the comedians bound for suckiness. NBC is the only one in this whole series who has the right to judge talent, but they made the mistake of leaving the voting up to unqualified regular people. Big mistake considering the economic risk in giving away a sitcom. Now, NBC is going out of its way to show us who are the true comic goldmines and who are the embarassing comic knuckleheads. NBC knows the disastrous consequences awaiting them if Dat wins the sitcom. Imagine a sitcom starring the "nice" guy who comedy doesn't come natural to, who forces comedy so intensely that he may have a stroke on stage, who can't write anything of comic worth, who can't come up with new material. None of you have a clue what's going through the network executives' heads. None of you are thinking of the long-term consequences of the outcome of this show.

NBC left the voting up to the people because they figured they'd see if the viewer could pick out a comedian capable of creating a great sitcom. Now NBC is praying for a miracle because they know that Dat isn't the right comedian for the job, but nevertheless, Dat might win it anyway.

Come to your senses people. Don't fall for Dat's fake sensitivity. Get a measure of Dat's REAL character from the comedians who experienced the REAL Dat. Maybe now you'll understand why Dat is packaged as craptacular. Save television - Just say no to Dat!
    Did you get a look at the guy who robbed you? Well, it was Dave.

FORT Regular
    Here Here

Monkey, you think you have the whole world figured out. When your reality check clears, you'll see that you don't have anything figured out at all. I'm not bitter. I'm just amazed that Dat has gotten this far against the truly talented. I don't think that's right at all. Neither does NBC.
    Great job MadCowDisease! I totally agree with everything you said...
    Dat should not get his own sitcom. He just doesn't have what it takes, simple as that. I mean, he's not a bad guy but he needs to freshen up his comedy and learn to loosen up during his stand-up. He seems to force it almost and can almost come off as uncomprehendable at times. What the world needs is a new sitcom starring Dave as the main character of course. Then maybe Rich as the kooky next door neighbor (sort of a sidekick to Dave). Maybe throw in Ralphie as the crazy relative who comes to live with Dave out of the blue and you've got a great show!Hmmm?
    "I need a contest I can win, something I'm good at... skinning an animal... chasing old people... a foot race with Ralphie."- Dave Mordal (best comic in Last Comic Standing 1)

FORT Newbie
    Zapata, why do you think Rob's material might be too "out there?" I admit, I didn't pay much attention to him early in the show, but he seemed like a PG-13 kinda guy for the most part. What did I miss? Should I start calling him Raunchy Rob?

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCowDisease

NBC is the one with a potential disaster on their hands. Why do you think they cut out so much of Dat's act. Why do you think they try to make him look unfunny and untalented. Why do you think they package the others as highly talented and ambitious. It's not drama. NBC is slapping you in the face with the comedians bound for stardom and the comedians bound for suckiness. NBC is the only one in this whole series who has the right to judge talent, but they made the mistake of leaving the voting up to unqualified regular people. Big mistake considering the economic risk in giving away a sitcom. Now, NBC is going out of its way to show us who are the true comic goldmines and who are the embarassing comic knuckleheads. NBC knows the disastrous consequences awaiting them if Dat wins the sitcom. Imagine a sitcom starring the "nice" guy who comedy doesn't come natural to, who forces comedy so intensely that he may have a stroke on stage, who can't write anything of comic worth, who can't come up with new material. None of you have a clue what's going through the network executives' heads. None of you are thinking of the long-term consequences of the outcome of this show.

NBC left the voting up to the people because they figured they'd see if the viewer could pick out a comedian capable of creating a great sitcom. Now NBC is praying for a miracle because they know that Dat isn't the right comedian for the job, but nevertheless, Dat might win it anyway.

Come to your senses people. Don't fall for Dat's fake sensitivity. Get a measure of Dat's REAL character from the comedians who experienced the REAL Dat. Maybe now you'll understand why Dat is packaged as craptacular. Save television - Just say no to Dat!
    You know I never thought of that. It could all be blowing up in NBC's face and now they are scrambling to get things back on track. Good observation Mad!!
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast