+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mob Boss must go

FORT Newbie
    I am not sure this post belongs here but I didn't know where else to post it. I think the only problem with the coalition is that they gave their target too many choices of people to go up against. If they wanted to get rid of Dat they should have narrowed his choices. I think that the coalition would have worked if the follow was done:

-Find the two people who have sets more equal to Dats' (energy level) and that could beat him (for me it would be Ralphie and Tess)

-The rest of the group votes for each other (i.e. Rich votes Dave, Dave votes Cory, Cory votes Geoff, etc.)

-Dat would only have the choicce between Ralphie and Tess, each of who I think could beat him.

The way the coalition played it gave Dat too many choices. With Dat and Daves' comedy being so different they left too much to chance. It came down to the make-up of the audience and which style they preferred (would they prefer high energy or more of a low key approach).

Of course I could be complete wrong and just wasted the time of anyone reading this

Quote Originally Posted by carrera
    I'm interested to see what it is about Rich that makes them all fear him. It's considered ballsy to take on Ralphie and Rich... Ralphie I can see because we've seen him perform more, but what is it about Rich that makes him the Don? His many years of experience? Scary tattoos? The hat, my God, the hat?! I'm starting to like the guy, but what did he do to make everyone kiss his ring?

Perhas I misunderstood, but I thought they were joking around when they dubbed him "the Don." He certainly looked the part. It looked like Dave and Rich were equally dominating the coalition. I think it was just a joke.

I don't know about Tess- I have yet to see her act- I think Ralphie could beat him, but the truth is that Jay Mohr said another site that they do TEN MINUTES of stand-up and the editors edit it down to 2 and a half minutes- so that means we're really not seeing the whole act, which had to be the case because Dave's set was stronger than Dat's on Tuesday but it seems Dat's overall set was stronger than Dave's- the parts we didn't see.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Yea, it mustve been the same with Ralphie and Rob because I, personally, thought that Rob's set was a lot funnier than Ralphie's "I'm not pollitically correct. I dont call 'em African Americans. I call 'em black folk."

Ralphie said they gave him a standing ovation after his act- I think Mohr said that too- maybe they heard something we didn't.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    who, Ralphie or Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoney Sovie
    who, Ralphie or Rob?
    Ralphie said he got a standing ovation, and Jay Mohr confirmed this, but it was not shown during the show

Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818
    I actually find The Don and The Coalition to be pretty entertaining, except last night when everything backfired and Dave was sent home.
    I agree. The Don and his Coalition brought drama to the show with their dealing & scheming, plus their goofy antics gave us some of the most funniest moments in the show.

I don't get what is supposed to be. Help!

They are just 3 triplets doing a pirouette and being silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast