+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is a joke a joke.

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar

When is a joke a joke.

Okay, You'll have to forgive me for not going to Joke school but I'm not understanding why people are up in arms over all the comics actions. I mean come on, I even know when to take something for what it's worth and when it's a joke. Besides, having all these comics in one house with no tv and internet I don't see what was so wrong with the Hide and Seek joke. I thought it was ingenious. It most definitely was not childish by any means.

Come on folks, enlighten me .......... when is a joke to be taken as a joke and when isn't it to be taken as a joke.

Some insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Again, you are talking to a green person when it comes to comedy.

for Ralphie May, Rich Vos and Dave Mordal.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

The reason I didn't find the hide and seek joke very funny is because it just made me feel bad for Dat.

If they had all been saying for the past couple of weeks what a great guy he is, how much they like him etc.etc. and had then played the joke on him I would have probably found it amusing.

Knowing that most of them have decided that they don't like him, think he's wierd and so on and then played a joke on him just didn't sit well with me.

I know many people here found it hilarious, which is fine by me, I'm just not one of them.

The fact that Dat said he wouldn't play with htem again had me though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    If you make a joke about me that speaks truth, and everyone (including me) laughs, well, that's funny. If you make a joke about me that speaks truth, and I don't laugh, well, it probably is still funny. If you make a joke about me that is made at my expense, either by lying or being cruel, and I don't laugh, well, that isn't funny.

The joke on Dat was funny... to a point. But to leave a person for almost an hour made even most of the jokesters uncomfortable because they knew that the joke was becoming cruel.

I felt sorry for Dat when he was telling the camera guy to go away so he wouldn't get caught...that was just sad.
    Call me Rob, Call me Bob, Call me Robert, but never call me Bobert. That's not cool---Rob Cantrell

Quote Originally Posted by touque

The joke on Dat was funny... to a point. But to leave a person for almost an hour made even most of the jokesters uncomfortable because they knew that the joke was becoming cruel.

Good point
    "That's Numberwang!"

Man, when they broke out laughing and Dat just stood there and chuckled I was like "All these guys are going to hell..." but seriously, it'd be funny if it didn't happen to you. Plus, Dat has my sentimental vote from the beginning when he talked about his childhood so I felt kind of bad for him... but I still laughed.
    Indeed.

I have to agree with Fluff, that if all of them were getting along with Dat when they pulled that prank on him, it would've been so much easier for me to just laugh it off as a joke among friends.
    But since all we have been hearing from the comics is that they don't like Dat, that he is weird, that he is the low guy on the totem pole, well, you know they did it just to be mean. Even Dave said that it was an evil thing they did and he ALMOST felt bad.

I still found it funny, but I felt bad for Dat when it took almost an hour for the others to say enough is enough, but then I laughed again, when Dat said he wouldn't played with the others anymore. The comics had a good laugh, too. Rich looked like he was going to pee on his pants when Dat said he wouldn't play anymore.

It's all a matter of opinion whether a joke/prank has gone over the line.

IMO the joke was very funny, and as long as Dat took it well, and he did it was not mean. As far as the other comics not liking him I think we are off base. I think they like him fine, but have little respect for him as a comic. Plus he is the young guy so he is going to get picked on, that's what Veterans do to Rookies.

Dat had said that he was going to get them back with his success, so Dat fans can see the whole hide and seek joke as a good thing because now he has even more motive beat them.

Put a big + in the Dat collum.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martin4au
    IMO the joke was very funny, and as long as Dat took it well, and he did it was not mean. As far as the other comics not liking him I think we are off base. I think they like him fine, but have little respect for him as a comic. Plus he is the young guy so he is going to get picked on, that's what Veterans do to Rookies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast