+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When is a joke a joke.

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange
    I agree with you, Italian Idol. People are taking these jokes too seriously. Well, to me, the hide and seek game was funny. Dat was kinda, uhh, to put in a nice word, he was just gullible. Because, I mean, who would hide for almost an hour under a curtain when you were hot and sweating ? I found it very funny when it turned out, that Ralphie was just reading his book the whole time. Does ANYONE agree with me?

I TOTALLY agree with you Orange. That's just it, what I've been getting at all along. People are taking these jokes and all this scheaming way too seriously. If comedy is Subjective than we all need to look at all the possible reasons to what was behind the motive. But then again if you over analyse it it's almost pointless to even begin to think that something is funny. Man, I'm talking circles around myself. I guess I'm not going to be able to convince any one of you here, ......... but I guess that's not the point . WOW , it must be getting late, I can't even understand what I'm saying anyore .... Sorry about the rant.

Good Night all
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

I was laughing at the joke... but feeling guilty about laughing. It made me feel like I was watching schoolyward bullies beat up on the new kid, which was just bothersome and made me feel bad. So yes, it was funny... but not really in a good way.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

"When is a joke a joke."

The thing is the "Mafia" bunch are being hypocrites themselves when it comes to what's funny and what's not...... take their stand on Dat's "funniness"

Dave or Rich (forget which one) said Dat was not being funny since the first day they entered the house.... but the mere fact they pulled the "hide and seek joke" on Dat and laughed their heads off (and not to mention the countless bullying, ie making fun, of Dat's behaviour) shows Dat IS funny and he is a funny of person... more in the way he acts, not the way he talks.

Yet none of them saw Dat as being the funny one.... they laughed at Dat's expense and in turn, tell the guy that he is not funny (or somehow prove himself to be funny) ......isn't that a bit ironic?

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Doesn't anyone else think that the real joke is that a (relatively) grown man would take hide-and-seek sooooooo seriously?

I probably would have done the same thing Dat did, but I'd also laugh at myself afterward for taking it so seriously. I mean, who plays hide-and-seek!!?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    Doesn't anyone else think that the real joke is that a (relatively) grown man would take hide-and-seek sooooooo seriously?

I probably would have done the same thing Dat did, but I'd also laugh at myself afterward for taking it so seriously. I mean, who plays hide-and-seek!!?

Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    "When is a joke a joke."

The thing is the "Mafia" bunch are being hypocrites themselves when it comes to what's funny and what's not...... take their stand on Dat's "funniness"

Dave or Rich (forget which one) said Dat was not being funny since the first day they entered the house.... but the mere fact they pulled the "hide and seek joke" on Dat and laughed their heads off (and not to mention the countless bullying, ie making fun, of Dat's behaviour) shows Dat IS funny and he is a funny of person... more in the way he acts, not the way he talks.

Yet none of them saw Dat as being the funny one.... they laughed at Dat's expense and in turn, tell the guy that he is not funny (or somehow prove himself to be funny) ......isn't that a bit ironic?
    Yep. And that irony is what's hilarious to me.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    *snort*
    ~*~ Maji *~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123