for decides to challenge, he sits there averting his eyes like a
    little girl afraid of being picked. He even muttered "This is
    ridiculous" under his breath during one of those times. What's
    ridiculous is that you are the one who is making it so unfair by
    ganging up on one of the comedians and then you sit with your hat
    hoping not to be picked to be challenged. If he's so great, he should
    hoping he is the one challenged so one of those he tells to won't be
    mistakenly voted off in their place.

Not only that, Ralphie said on the show about Geoff "went after a chick" yet he seems to have no problem with Mark and Don voting for "chick" Tere the week before. He also has no problem stabbing Rob in the back- Talking about cowards, Corey is the biggest of all- her picking Dave so she wouldn't have to do another face-off was pitiful. I mean, if you can't beat everyone there, you're not going to win anyway, so why don't some of you have a little integrity.

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    I think it is extremely cowardly of Rich Vos to be head of the
    coalition and tell the others who to vote for but when the one voted
    for decides to challenge, he sits there averting his eyes like a
    little girl afraid of being picked. He even muttered "This is
    ridiculous" under his breath during one of those times. What's
    ridiculous is that you are the one who is making it so unfair by
    ganging up on one of the comedians and then you sit with your hat
    hoping not to be picked to be challenged. If he's so great, he should
    hoping he is the one challenged so one of those he tells to won't be
    mistakenly voted off in their place.

Not only that, Ralphie said on the show about Geoff "went after a chick" yet he seems to have no problem with Mark and Don voting for "chick" Tere the week before. He also has no problem stabbing Rob in the back- Talking about cowards, Corey is the biggest of all- her picking Dave so she wouldn't have to do another face-off was pitiful. I mean, if you can't beat everyone there, you're not going to win anyway, so why don't some of you have a little integrity.
    I wrote a long response to this, and I just deleted it. I just wanna say that it's really easy to make judgments on people you don't know, especially one you weren't a part of and can only judge based on what film editors let you see.

Also, I have two questions:
    1. How does voting for someone constitute stabbing them in the back?
    2. Who are Mark and Don?
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

I keep calling Rich Don because he's the "don" and I keep calling Dave Mark because I had a dinosaur once named Mark who he reminds me of.

Yes, I know about editing- but still- all the editing in the world can't change the scenes that I'm seeing for my own eyes. Why is voting backstabbing? Because it's not HONEST- Corey can't seem to make any decision on her own- she doesn't really think she's funnier than Dave- she did it just to escape a possible challenge- I have no respect for her at all.

This is my advice to them-

Rich, go back doing stand-up in the liquor store and alley you came from- Dave, instead of yelling at people for not being funny, you might want to brush up on your own personality, I can't even remember your name- Tess, honey- you're beautiful, sexy and funny- concentrate on being funny instead of stabbing people in the back- this coalition is dragging you down- Corey- grab the rat poison instead of the Skinny-n-Sweet in your next kitchen adventure and take a big swig- Ralphie- you're not half as funny as you think you are and you are in for a big surprise and I'm not talking about the next time you see your ass in the mirror- Geoff- they only wanted you to vote for Rob because they hoped Rob would challenge you instead of them, you were right to do what you thought was best- Dat- Lucille Ball was the unfunniest person on the planet when she was not scripted, so don't sweat it you're not Margaret Cho in the house-

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    I keep calling Rich Don because he's the "don" and I keep calling Dave Mark because I had a dinosaur once named Mark who he reminds me of.

Yes, I know about editing- but still- all the editing in the world can't change the scenes that I'm seeing for my own eyes. Why is voting backstabbing? Because it's not HONEST- Corey can't seem to make any decision on her own- she doesn't really think she's funnier than Dave- she did it just to escape a possible challenge- I have no respect for her at all.

This is my advice to them-

Rich, go back doing stand-up in the liquor store and alley you came from- Dave, instead of yelling at people for not being funny, you might want to brush up on your own personality, I can't even remember your name- Tess, honey- you're beautiful, sexy and funny- concentrate on being funny instead of stabbing people in the back- this coalition is dragging you down- Corey- grab the rat poison instead of the Skinny-n-Sweet in your next kitchen adventure and take a big swig- Ralphie- you're not half as funny as you think you are and you are in for a big surprise and I'm not talking about the next time you see your ass in the mirror- Geoff- they only wanted you to vote for Rob because they hoped Rob would challenge you instead of them, you were right to do what you thought was best- Dat- Lucille Ball was the unfunniest person on the planet when she was not scripted, so don't sweat it you're not Margaret Cho in the house-
    I hate to keep asking for clarification on this, but what's not HONEST about it? Is it any less honest than agreeing to vote for someone and then not doing so? Perhaps you're being misled by the whole "I know I'm funnier than" part. It's a vote and nothing more.

And for the record, saying things like the contestants should kill themselves is probably a good way to get banned.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

FORT Newbie
    I think Will Ferrel, in the manner of George W. Bush, would say that everybody....and yes, everybody is trying to work some form of:

"Strategery"

It's a competition...and in the first actual "voting off" episode, Rich asked if what they were doing was "wrong" and he said if it was, he'd stop. So, that showed (at least to me) that Rich is not the end-all, be-all scum bag that some like to refer to him as. The bottom line is this is a competition and basically, competition is equivalent to war.

All's fair in love and war.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Welcome zimbabwejones!

I'm always glad to welcome someone to the FORT that doesn't take things too seriously and has a good sense of humor!

Strategery.

Well, I welcome everyone because I, myself, am more of a serious person.

Anyway, Welcome zapata and zimbabwe!

Please everyone keep in mind that everyone has a right to express their opinions.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    You are my favorite serious person, Wolf.

Geez! I totally forgot to welcome Zapata!

Welcome, Z!

FORT Newbie
    Well the way I look at it is this: Voting against a person and "ganging up" on them as you put it should be no big deal. So what if they are ganged up upon?? The point is to be the funniest comedian in the house. If they are ganged up upon, all they have to do is challenge someone and beat them. If they lose, then they didn't deserve to stay anyway. Tere was ganged up on, but she obviously lost the challenge so there's a reason why she was ganged up on: She wasn't that funny. Rob was ganged up on, but he lost the challenge as well. He was extremely funny, imo, but that's not the point. My point is, there is no ganging up on someone by voting for them. They are just then forced to challenge, which they should do if they want to prove they deserve to win the thing. It's different if, say Tere beat Cory, then they all voted for her again the next week. That's ganging up. Forcing her to keep doing her routine. It's draining. But it's not ganging up to say "I'm funnier than so and so..." especailly when it seems they are targeting the youngest comics. It isn't possible that they are just picking out the people that have the least experience and therefore it's more likely that their act isn't as perfected yet??

Awww...thanks Wayner! Don't tell Paulie, but you're becoming my favorite funny person.

And to keep this in topic, I do understand that it is strategy on the part of the coalition to eliminate the weaker comics (or at least those who THEY think are weak), and I don't find that at all cowardly.

However, I had hoped that all the strong comics just took on every challenge that came there way because if they are as good as they think they are, their comedy will carry them through to the finals. Just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast