+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coalition- Last Cowards Standing

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsKenny
    Also, I have two questions:
    1. How does voting for someone constitute stabbing them in the back?
    2. Who are Mark and Don?
    Um, yeah. Mark REALLY must not be very funny. Can't remember a thing he has said in the house.

Really, Zap. How can you expect a show where you get voted off NOT to have coalitions?? Besides, if you are INDEED the funniest comic in the house...who cares? You'll be standing no matter what. So everyone gangs up on you. Big woop. You go out there, beat them...and go back to the house. Seems pretty simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    I keep calling Rich Don because he's the "don" and I keep calling Dave Mark because I had a dinosaur once named Mark who he reminds me of.
    wtf...You had a dinosaur?
    "If I win, I'll buy you a bigger desk"
    -- Rich 'Wrinkle-Free' Vos

Quote Originally Posted by twisty goo
    I was wondering about that too, TG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    However, I had hoped that all the strong comics just took on every challenge that came there way because if they are as good as they think they are, their comedy will carry them through to the finals. Just my opinion.
    And also because I'd much rather watch the "strong" comics do their sets than the "weak" ones .

The only problem I have with the voting is that no one seems willing to challenge Vos, I get the impression it's a "respect" thing because of how long he's been doing comedy.
    I'm sure it's all part of the "code" paying your dues etc etc, but as I'm not a comic and merely a viewer I find it annoying that he seems to have a strangle hold on the voting and hasn't had to face a challenge yet.
    At least the other committee members have.
    "That's Numberwang!"

well........

I was just joking about Corey and the rat poison. I go back and forth with Corey. Sometimes she appears geniune and a nice person- like making up with Tere and sitting with her- like helping Dat with his routine, then she appears like a total witch and becomes arrogant- like when she had to challenge Tere, she was saying "it could go either way" and she was all nice- then when she won, she had an ego attack by saying "I SAID I WAS FUNNIER THAN YOU and I PROVED IT, etc., etc.," it just appeared like her ego got away with her. I mean, if you looked at her face before they announced the results, you could see she was far from certain she thought she was so funny.

I also agree with this post
    ------
    The only problem I have with the voting is that no one seems willing to challenge Vos, I get the impression it's a "respect" thing because of how long he's been doing comedy.
    I'm sure it's all part of the "code" paying your dues etc etc, but as I'm not a comic and merely a viewer I find it annoying that he seems to have a strangle hold on the voting and hasn't had to face a challenge yet. At least the other committee members have.
    -----------

It's the way he sits there, shaking his head like it's such a terrible thing that the person got picked, knowing full well he is the one who told the others to do it- he looks like he is hoping he will not be challenged. That's what I don't like about him.

The others were angry at Geoff for not picking Rob- BUT NEITHER DID COREY- why does she get off the hook and no one gets angry about it- after all, SHE'S PART OF THE COALITION! She's the one around the table scheming, I don't care if she was picked the week before or not, if you're going to be part of a cabal, at least have the guts to join the others.

True, you're right, the purpose is to eliminate the weaker comics, but the way they are going about it, it's a real turn-off. This is particularly hurting TESS. I really liked her at first but I've heard from SEVERAL people who don't like her anymore just because of the way she is acting with the others. She really needs to detach herself from the others.

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    The others were angry at Geoff for not picking Rob- BUT NEITHER DID COREY- why does she get off the hook and no one gets angry about it- after all, SHE'S PART OF THE COALITION! She's the one around the table scheming, I don't care if she was picked the week before or not, if you're going to be part of a cabal, at least have the guts to join the others.

===========
    Ralphie said on another thread (don't remember which one) that the "coalition" was protecting Cory from another challenge because IF she had voted for Rob I think that the "coalition" thought that Rob would challenge Cory (which he probably would have). Anyhow supposedly the gave their "permission" for Cory NOT to challenge Rob. I think this is all kind of skanky anyhow but I guess that's life.

But I think IF I were a comedian wanting exposure I would want to take the challenges especially IF I thought I was really good. What's up with that? :-)

Okay, my opinion about coalitions is it's all good. I mean, even if you're ganged up on, if you are funny or funnier than someone who challenged you, then prove them wrong and stay in the house. It's not like Survivor where an alliance can run the place. Here, the funniest people stay. If a coalition of people like Tere, Rob, Sean, and Geoff (even though I love Tere, but these people aren't like Dave and Ralphie and Tess) were to try and run the place, the coalition wouldn't last because whoever they ganged up on would win. If we're looking for the one person who's the funniest, anyone who loses a challenge isn't that person.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    levi_d, that might just be the best reasoned, well explained post I've read on this subject.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I wish that the show made more of an effort to explain all of these comic codes to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty goo

I can't stop laughing at that one!!!!!!!!!!
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key..." - The Eagles

"I like the bed I'm sleepin' in, just like me it's broken in; it's not old... just older..." - Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast