+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Episode Six: The Last Trustworthy Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    You mentioned that you hadn't watched the show in a while. In the episodes that you missed, Rich has become more of a sympathetic character; much more likeable than he came off originally.
    Really? Wow...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Really? Wow...
    That's a matter of opinion

Wayner said:

You mentioned that you hadn't watched the show in a while. In the episodes that you missed, Rich has become more of a sympathetic character; much more likeable than he came off originally
    I would say Sympathetic is a reach, but he is much more likable then what we saw in N.Y. And he is Very funny!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, poor choice of words.

I meant more sympathetic than he had been earlier. I suppose likeable is a much better term. In which case I think Dat may be the only sympathetic comic on the show.

FORT Newbie
    GREAT JOB WAYNER!

This is my first view of the board and my first post. To be honest I pretty much hate reality TV, but this show is an exception. I've watched it from the very beginning and have some favorites. But this week really upset me because two of my faves turned out to be not very nice people. I don't know how to deal with it, because, even though I really like Dat (and hope he becomes very successful) I had been rooting for Dave or "The Don". Emotionally, I think I'm now going to root for Dat, because he is talented and a good guy. Plus he's been through a lot and deserve some good things to happen in his life.

On another note. I cannot for the life of me understand what anyone sees in Ralphie. To me he is so UNFUNNY I can't stand it. It really disturbed me that 85% of the people voted for his tired pretense to comedy and overlooked the fresh inspiration of Rob Cantrel. I'm hoping that the "right" people saw him and he will become successful.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. If I offended anyone regarding my likes and dislikes of the comedians or their comedy, I'm sorry. It's just my opinion, nothing more.

Thanks...

to the FORT, smileygirl!

Welcome Smileygirl!

I'm honored that your first post to the site would be in the LCS forum. Check out some of the other forums though; even if you aren't a huge fan of Reality TV, I think you'll find that a lot of the recaps are more entertaining than the shows; there are some terrific writers here!

As far as offending folks, I think you did a great job of making sure that you were just stating your opinion; you didn't bash anyone for liking comics you don't like, and you didn't call anyone a bad name. As far as I can see - a very nice first post!

I wasn't able to watch the last half hour of the show, and I also wasn't able to catch this recap until now, and I have to say that I am really upset that Rob left. I like both Rob and Ralphie, but I definitely would've voted for Rob over Ralphie. Damn it, whatever happened to that whole idea where the viewers get to vote?? Oh, wait, this is NBC ... nevermind.

Smileygirl mentioned that she can't see why people find Ralphie funny, and I must admit that I have never found anything funny about Rich Voss' material. As a person in that house he's ... almost funny. But on stage, I just don't get it.
    Last edited by TK421; 07-14-2003 at 05:27 PM.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

TK, I'm betting that in tomorrow night's show they will tell us how the final winner will be picked. At this point my thought is that they will continue the current format through tomorrow night, then the final 6 will face off, and the "You will decide" thing will finally happen, with a call-in vote ala AI.

Of course, I could be completely wrong - I'm just guessing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast