+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Episode Six: The Last Trustworthy Comedian

Finally, I have cleaned up this thread.
    Wayner, the good news is that you still have 2,000 + views.

The theads that did not belong here have been moved the the Spoiler 07/08 thread where they belong.

OK, I think Wolf must have inadvertently taken my quoted post out of here. I know I responded in the thread AND stayed on topic at least once

Oh well, great recap Wayner!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali.

It looks like my post was moved, too. All it said was: Great recap, Wayner Totally cracked me up

But since there's no such thing as too much appreciation, I'll say it again: Great recap, Wayner Totally cracked me up

Sorry guys. It's so hard to go through all the posts when you're splitting and merging them to a different thread. I don't ever want to do this again, so I hope next time everyone keeps the discussions of the show in the SPOILER thread.

Anyway, Wayner read all the posts that were in here, so he knows who commented on his recap.

FORT Regular

i TOTALLY AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    i'm really mad at how everyone hates Dat. They seem really vendictful and unlikeable. I love the premise of this show and they are all good comedians but none of them seem like really good people. I gotta cheer for Dat to take em all out (especially Tess).

Great recap BTW Wayner
    I love Dat he is the reason I watch the show in the first place. Dave said this is not the last trustworthy comic standing. What he forget is after the show who ever win gets a show on comedy central. People will remember what a jackass people have been. They did a unforgivable thing to Dat that make me dis like everyone who was part of playing him. If people don't like the winner's personality, then they wouldn't watch the winner's show on Comedy Central and it would get low ratings. Tess is an idiot to act all conceited which she will probably get less fan but more tv time.

Great recap, Wayner!

OK, so I saw the auditions episodes at the beginning of the show's run. Then I hadn't seen another episode until this one, and I have some questions. Now, since I haven't seen the show until this week, some of these questions may have easy answers, but anyhoo:

1. Why has everyone decided to gang up on Dat? Did he do/say something to piss everyone off?

2. What's with this whole Dave/Rich/Kory "coalition" business? And calling Rich "The Don" and kissing his ring? Puhleeze. I take it Ralphie, Geoff, and Tess (and Dat) don't know about it? Why is Rich apparently treated with so much reverence? Maybe it's me, but he just comes across as a self-centered, conceited jerk.

3. Why in the hell is Rich always shown ironing?

4. When Rob picked Ralphie for the "challenge", a couple of people called it a "ballsy" move and talked about how Rob had really earned their respect for choosing Ralphie instead of taking the easy way out. Why? Is Ralphie the one to beat or something? That being said, I definitely thought Ralphie was the funnier of the two in the "challenge".

5. On the one hand, I did think the whole Hide-N-Seek was kinda funny, but then again, these are adults here. This isn't the American Idol house.

1. Why has everyone decided to gang up on Dat? Did he do/say something to piss everyone off?
    Well from the show it is hard to tell, he seems pretty laid back. But Ralphie has been posting on this board and one thing he has apperently done is use other comics material in his act which is a very bad. Also the older guys seem to have joined up and decided they were going to make the younger comics get challenged first.

2. What's with this whole Dave/Rich/Kory "coalition" business? And calling Rich "The Don" and kissing his ring? Puhleeze. I take it Ralphie, Geoff, and Tess (and Dat) don't know about it? Why is Rich apparently treated with so much reverence? Maybe it's me, but he just comes across as a self-centered, conceited jerk.
    Well Ralphie is in the coalition, and Tess knows about it and I think Dat and geoff know they are voteing together as well, but what can they do?

Hope that helps a little

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Why in the hell is Rich always shown ironing?

I think everyone pays him to iron their stuff so he doesn't get challenged

Thanks for the coalition explanation, Martin. But, why is EvilRich getting such reverential treatment by others? :rolleyes

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Thanks for the coalition explanation, Martin. But, why is EvilRich getting such reverential treatment by others? :rolleyes
    Honestly Lobes, I think they do the reverential thing as more of a gag than anything else. But I do think that he is respected by most, if not all the other comics. Why? I think perhaps because of his longevity in the business and his talent as perceived by the other comics.

You mentioned that you hadn't watched the show in a while. In the episodes that you missed, Rich has become more of a sympathetic character; much more likeable than he came off originally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast