+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Episode Six: The Last Trustworthy Comedian

Great recap Wayner You had me cracking up

Wow, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't disagree with the comics picking on Dat. I thought it was actually pretty funny

Wayner, Wayner -- you are amazing. Great recap!

Now get some sleep, would ya? :wink

It's good to see so many of you supporting Dat. He seems to be a great guy of extraordinary drive and intellect. I certainly admire him for all the challenges he's overcome personally and in his attempt to be a professional comic.

There have been many (many) discussions in Reality TV Land about contestants on other shows and whether their 'need' to win had anything to do with 'deserving' to win. (Matt-S6, the NFL Wives of TAR3)

I don't want to see any contestant on any show win because of the Pity Factor. In this instance, the competition is about great comedy - and the person that wins should be the one that can appeal to the largest audience and make them laugh.

Ralphie -- it's so much fun to have you here at the FORT. Make yourself at home. Ignore the hecklers. Remember, our comments and arrows are based only on what the producers have chosen to show us. Just as the producers don't always accurately depict the events as they happened - our comments here are no reflection on who we think *you* really are - just what we see on TV.

And Lanha is gorgeous!!! Ralphie!

Great job, Wayner!

I was surprised to see Ralphie go first, when all the other times the comic with the most votes had been performing first. Is there a choice as to who goes first, Ralphie?

LG.
    Wayner, super recap once again

my favorite line
    I wonder if perhaps Claudette the Fortune Teller is on the fritz. If so, I pray that Rich Vos didnít get loaded and make a pass at her.
    and, um, stay away from Cirque de Solie, buddy, that's just weird
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Juvenile Antics of Middle-Aged Comics

First and foremost, GREAT recap Wayner! I walked in as Ralphie dropped the microphone. This was, by far, the best rendition of what I missed. Thanks.

Second, back to the "all/most comics are assholes" I have to agree whole-heartedly. If you have ever seen any of the greats in concert, you will know this to be true. When they get off their "act" and start to wing it they can be pretty brutal. And they come off as assholes. Maybe because i have a sharp tongue and quick wit (most people consider me an asshole too) I get this and find it bizarrely hillarious, but (I believe this was mentioned in one of the first episodes) most comics are insecure and constantly looking for reassurance in a laugh.

Lastly, my fave on this show is Dave because he keept things moving in this house without trying to make it look like a documentary (RIch) or a sitcom (Tess). Maybe it's because I'm from the Midwest. The others are just fillers, especially Ralphie. For some reason, I do not find his particular brand of comedy funny, but he has made me laugh quite a few times so I give him props. I'm sure he cares (ha, ha).

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Hey, I'm just happy this thread got so off topic that it looks like 1800 people read my recap and 70 of them commented on it! All this stuff should have been in Post Show Discussion!

Great recap Wayner!!!!

7/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    And take your time cleaning up the thread. I'm still basking in the glow of having a recap with more hits than Paulie's PH recap.
    I just read your recap again Wayner and it is pure genius. Off to Paulie's PH recap again...
    and again...
    and again...

I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Fogey
    I would make some comments on your great recap, Wayner, but you have way too many posts on here already and you're breaking records, so I won't

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    I would make some comments on your great recap, Wayner, but you have way too many posts on here already and you're breaking records, so I won't
    Thanks for the kudos, CG. As to not quoting - whatarip!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast