+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Success after Last Comic Standing

FORT Newbie

Success after Last Comic Standing

I was just wondering how successful you guys think the winner of LCS will really be in his/her show. Will they last or just be a one hit wonder? That seems to be what happens to most people who are in these shows to make it in Hollywood. You see them around a little afterward but in the end, they just can't cut it. Also, we are watching these people at their worst. Watching them be arrogant or backstabbing or just mean, will that affect how you see their act? If someone is a complete ass in real life, can you dismiss that and still enjoy their comedy?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Great thread lalala!

This is why I want Dat to win, because he seems like he's the kindest. He also has the most determination out of the bunch. Regardless of whether Dat wins or not, I am already a fan of his and intend to be one for the long run!

I said this somewhere else, but given the strange chemistry between the two, I could see myself watching a buddy show with Rich & Dave.

And somebody else said this elsewhere (sorry I can't give credit where credit is due) but that Rob Cantrell could do a show that is very much biographically based - kindergarten teacher by day, aspiring comic by night. I'd watch that.

Can't see myself watching a sitcom with Cory, Geoff, Ralphie, or Tess. Or Rich by himself, for that matter.

Jury's still out for me with Dat. I think he's great; I'm just not sure what they'd do with him as a sitcom, and I can see them packaging him in a way that I wouldn't be interested in.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

I posted this in another thread, but what about an insomniac style show with Rich Vos touring varios cities and doing random things like talking to people in bars, roaming the streets, etc. I think that'd be a great medium for him
    Call me Rob, Call me Bob, Call me Robert, but never call me Bobert. That's not cool---Rob Cantrell

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughAtlantis
    Jury's still out for me with Dat. I think he's great; I'm just not sure what they'd do with him as a sitcom, and I can see them packaging him in a way that I wouldn't be interested in.
    I actually agree with LaughAtlantis. The producers would need to cast vietnamese co-stars to maintain a level of authenticity if the sitcom is to be based on his life.

If any of these comics have good producers/writers ala Seinfeld to back them up, then I think they could be successful. I do agree that Dat, Dave, Rich, Ralphie and Rob would be best suited. Still not sure about Tess...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Frankly, I'd rather see most of them *writing* the show than starring in it. I mean, I don't mind seeing their smiling faces, but the sitcom winner needs to showcase the individual's humor. The only way I can see that is if they're the lead writer for the new series.

I agree that whoever wins should be involved in the creation of the sitcom. They are funny because of their own material so they should be allowed to add their own ideas and write their own jokes.

+ Reply to Thread