+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wait a minute... eight episodes?

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar

Wait a minute... eight episodes?

I read somewhere that there are only eight episodes of this show! We've already had like five! Can I get confirmation of this?
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Here's what I got from NBC.com.
    The new series has an eight-episode commitment and will provide a new spin on alternative programming as it features a nationwide talent search for professional and non-professional comedians (both male and female). Once the selection process is narrowed to 10 finalists, after the semi-finals in New York and Los Angeles, the program will then follow the comedians as they live together in a house and compete for the ultimate prize-an exclusive talent contract with NBC. “Last Comic Standing” is from Peter Engel Productions in association with NBC Enterprises and Giraffe Productions. Peter Engel, Jay Mohr and Barry Katz are executive producers. Rob Fox is co-executive producer.
    They still have a lot of comics to eliminate, so I'm thinking it will be more than 8 episodes.

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Here's what I got from NBC.com.

They still have a lot of comics to eliminate, so I'm thinking it will be more than 8 episodes.

I read that there would be 8 episodes on a few different sites today when I did a search for Last Comic Standing. I had heard they would eliminate down to 5 and have those 5 compete in the finals. Not sure if this is true or not but I remember reading it today

Maybe they just meant 8 episodes in the house.

I know there is going to be a live 2 hr finale, and if I remember right it is going to be on July 24th, Which if I do my math right will be 8 shows. This show needs more time then that. But if you think about it, these guys make money doing stand-up, no good vacation packages with that, so they had to get people willing to sit out several weeks of work.

Maybe we will get lucky and they will put hours of house stuff on DVD for those of us who cannot get enough.

This is what I have found out:
    The House was narrowed down to the last 5 comics, all ten of the comics will go back to Vegas on the 23rd of July to do another round of shows in Vegas. I don't know this for sure but I think that it will be narrowed down to 2 or 3 comics and then America votes again August 4th and the winner is announced on the 5th. I don't think NBC was expecting this to be a hit, so they are trying to get a few more eppys out of it. I am not 100% on this but I think I'm pretty close.

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martin4au
    This is what I have found out:
    The House was narrowed down to the last 5 comics, all ten of the comics will go back to Vegas on the 23rd of July to do another round of shows in Vegas. I don't know this for sure but I think that it will be narrowed down to 2 or 3 comics and then America votes again August 4th and the winner is announced on the 5th. I don't think NBC was expecting this to be a hit, so they are trying to get a few more eppys out of it. I am not 100% on this but I think I'm pretty close.

So there is no winner from those 5 in the house?? I am confused because you said that all 10 go back to Vegas. I did read somewhere as well that the viewers (not a studio audience) would select the final winner. l wish things would have been laid out more clearly.

I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear. The 10 in vegas will be for a reunion type thing but the winner will have to be picked from the 5 that survived the house.

+ Reply to Thread