+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have the contestants seen each other's acts?

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar

Have the contestants seen each other's acts?

I'm beginning to suspect that the contestants have not witnessed each other's acts. I think they were all just diddling around backstage during each set at the preliminary rounds. Rich mentioned once that he had never seen Dave perform before his showdown with Sean. And the way no one is showing Dat any respect makes me think they haven't seen Dat's act either. So... what's the deal? What's going on? Is the Dat disrespect coming from the fact that they're judging him by what they've seen in the house?

This could have other implications too; if they didn't see each other perform at the auditions, that means the contestants have had the chance to scout some of the other comics (Dave and Cory at the showdowns, Tess at the free show) but some haven't shown what they've got at all. Their cards are still hidden. This could be a serious point.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    I wonder that too Kenny and I also wonder IF the people in the studio audience at the comedy club where they have the face-off have seen what happens in the house. I think that could cloud some people's opinion of the comedians in the house. I know watching them that first week I personally didn't like Sean very much because of his behavior. However I do not think the people who vote should judge the comedians on their behavior in the house but on their comedy routines. JMHO :-)

I personally like Dat and hope he wins. However, I like Dave too and Rich is funny too. I liked Ralphie until I saw him in the house now I am not so sure :-)

BTW I am a new poster here :-)
    Tons of Free Screen Shots for Survivor Allstars
    http://www.bafletcher.com
    Stop by and visit our forum also
    Usually over 200 shots per episode

It's great that you could join us, ahlene!

I'm pretty sure the audience doesn't see what's going on in the house. They are just there to see a comedy show and to vote for whoever they think is funnier.

Wolf thanks for your welcome! So do you think that the audience for the face-off has not seen any of the episodes of the performers inside the house? I am not sure but if they watch TV and are interested in comedy I think that they may watch the show. Unless there is a requirement by the show that the audience NOT see the inhouse episodes because I do believe it would cloud the judgement.

My point being, I do not think that Cory deserved 80% of the votes the other nite. She might have been better than Tere but she was not THAT much better. Same thing for Dave and Sean. I thought Dave was much funnier than Sean, however, even tho I didn't care for Sean (because of his behavior inside the house) I still think he was kind of funny. But Dave got 73% of the votes on that one too.

I just think the audience should judge the comedians and vote on their performances in the face-off only but I think that might be pretty hard to do unless they keep people sequestered LOL
    JMHO :-)

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    Originally posted by ahlene
    Wolf thanks for your welcome! So do you think that the audience for the face-off has not seen any of the episodes of the performers inside the house? I am not sure but if they watch TV and are interested in comedy I think that they may watch the show. Unless there is a requirement by the show that the audience NOT see the inhouse episodes because I do believe it would cloud the judgement.
    The inhouse audience could NOT have seen the episodes because all this was taped last spring.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Dave did say that the final would be live, so I hope that whoever is the audience votes for the funnier comic onstage and not go by what they see in the house.

Originally posted by MyNameIsKenny
    The inhouse audience could NOT have seen the episodes because all this was taped last spring.
    Hmmm ok when do they do the face-off part then? I am totally confused now. Mercy :-)

Originally posted by Wolf

Dave did say that the final would be live, so I hope that whoever is the audience votes for the funnier comic onstage and not go by what they see in the house.
    That is what I am talking about ... I don't see how they can seperate the two things.

Originally posted by ahlene
    Hmmm ok when do they do the face-off part then? I am totally confused now. Mercy :-)
    The face-off, along with the show, has already been taped with the exception of the Finale. According to Dave Mordal, the finale will be a live two hour show.

That means to me that the final face-off will be done live and the audience there will vote for the funniest comic of the two. At this point, the audience will most probably have seen what has gone down in the house. Here is where I hope the audience votes on the material presented onstage instead of what they have seen on TV.

MyNameIsKenny!!

I brought up the same question in a previous thread. From everything we have been shown so far, it leads me to believe that each comedian hasn't seen what the others' acts are like. It sure would be great if we could receive confirmation on this ::nudge nudge, wink wink:: but we will have to keep watching to find out the truth...or at least wait until the finale airs and get the dirt from the contestants themselves...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast