+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My issues with this show...

FORT Regular

My issues with this show...

Ok, this is one of the few RTV shows I had a slight penchant for. But alas. It disappointed me as most do.

I guess I just felt that a show called last comic standing should have a little bit more to do with, oh, I dunno, COMEDY!?!

But they went for that formulaic reality TV BS where you put people in a house, have them fight, form alliances, break alliances, cry about it, whine about it, stupid immunity challenges (street performing in Citywalk!?!?!?! - I agree with that Italian guido guy, he's in this competition to get away from crap like that)

But I'll say, the head to head "challenges" is an interesting angle.

JMGDMFO

There will always be something or other that people, including me, don't like about every show. Won't they run out of material if it's comedy all the time? I personally like the format, and having the elimination comments for all to see is a great idea. It's up to the comics to turn that info it into comedy or drama.

I agree that the head to head challenges adds a very interesting dimension to the elimination. Some may challenge the weak comics just to stay in the house or challenge the strong comic just to prove that they are better. Personally, I think Sean challenged Dave because he thought Dave was the weaker comic of the 3 that voted for him. Boy was he wrong!

I guess watching the interpersonal relationships makes it different from "An Evening at the Improv"...

I think the idea of them all living in the house is great! I think there will be some funny, funny, hilarious conversations going on. It was only the first few days! And I'd be willing to bet that the "challenges"/tasks and the "immunity" tasks will get funnier and funnier as the show goes on!

The head to head elimination is great. Mordahl killed.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I thought I was going to feel the same way you do skwadim, but it turns out that I truly enjoyed lasts nights episode.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by dobolina
    I think the idea of them all living in the house is great! I think there will be some funny, funny, hilarious conversations going on. It was only the first few days! And I'd be willing to bet that the "challenges"/tasks and the "immunity" tasks will get funnier and funnier as the show goes on!

The head to head elimination is great. Mordahl killed.
    I think this is a common misconception, that one funny comic + one funny comic = a really funny group of people. Comics don't add constructively. One of the chicks on the show said early on, "we do this not because we want to, but because we have to" Most comics aren't happy, amiable people in their day to day lives.
    There wasn't really anything funny about their fighting / conflict / complaining about each other in my view. Just standard stuff.

The thing with the kids was kind of cute, but if they keep doing stuff like that it'll turn into Full House.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    I guess watching the interpersonal relationships makes it different from "An Evening at the Improv"...
    I think you've hit the nail on the head, John.

I went into last night's show dreading what it might become, and came out really loving it! Of course, if it was bad it would be easier to recap because I could just rip on it. Now I've got to find a way to write better. Newman!

FORT Fan
    i think it's a nice idea to go H2H....luving it actually...

Originally posted by Wolf
    Won't they run out of material if it's comedy all the time? I personally like the format, and having the elimination comments for all to see is a great idea. It's up to the comics to turn that info it into comedy or drama. I agree that the head to head challenges adds a very interesting dimension to the elimination.
    That's what I was thinking about them performing every week. Since this is all their material, not just picking a song like AI, some may have more acts than others and may not have enough (at this point) to do 8 or 9 sets. Also, I LOVE this being an actual reality show and not just another talent competition like AI. This show has turned out a lot better than I thought.

I loved the way the show turned out once they moved in together. The first couple of shows were somewhat enjoyable, but were essentially Premium Blend without the Premium.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast