+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My issues with this show...

I agree, there are funny people who didn't eve try for this show, but they had to call it something, and I guess "Last Comic Standing: The Search Fo a Funny Person" didn't sound as good

Just like American Idol, Fame, Star Search etc... there are always more talented people out there

Still, this is a great show, and the Rat sequence had all f us laughing so hard we had to keep rewinding as we'd miss things that were said because of the laughing.

I'm really enjoying the format.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    My issue is that they all seem to be very mean-spirited toward each other. Why on earth are they picking on Dat? I guess it's not really the fault of the producers, but the cast themselves. I don't care for the backstabbing and cruelty from the "committee." You don't have to be a pushover, but some decisions based on objectivity would be nice.

it did seem like there was some extra "mean spirit" in the house on this weeks ep. I was glad to see Tere and Cory make amends before getting on the bus. I felt kinda bad for Tere, but I know exactly where Cory was coming from, since I live with roommates who are a lot like Tere....never helping out with chores, never doing dishes, never cooking for anyone else. I would say never paying their bills too, but I dont think the comics have to pay the bills!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

With this format, we'll see the 2 worst comics performing each week. The best comics won't be challenged; the weakest performers will frequently be onstage.

Which means that the only way for the good comics to get more airtime will be to excel at the ICs and to adlib their way into the spotlight in the house. Should be very interesting.

Transplanted Texas Gal!! ahlene's Avatar
    I liked the first part of this show the best BEFORE they moved into the HOUSE. I don't like mean spiteful people especially when they pick on someone who does not deserve to be picked on. And it does happen. I like the face-off at the end of each show better than the actual going ons in the house. I never liked big brother that much and the in house part of the show reminds me of that. I like the immunity challenges but would like for someone else to actually win one of them.

I think Dat should have won that first one but Tess is a better salesperson than Dat altho it looks like Dat sure tried harder. I just don't think he can "talk the talk" in a situation like that. But it did look like he had bigger audiences ... if he had just said .. "Ok you guys donate some money so I can stay in the house another week" ... He just didn't seem to sell himself to raise enough money.
    Tons of Free Screen Shots for Survivor Allstars
    http://www.bafletcher.com
    Stop by and visit our forum also
    Usually over 200 shots per episode

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by cali
    I agree, there are funny people who didn't eve try for this show, but they had to call it something, and I guess "Last Comic Standing: The Search Fo a Funny Person" didn't sound as good

Just like American Idol, Fame, Star Search etc... there are always more talented people out there

Still, this is a great show, and the Rat sequence had all f us laughing so hard we had to keep rewinding as we'd miss things that were said because of the laughing.

I'm really enjoying the format.
    "Search Fo a Funny Person"

You folks raise a valid point; a lot of very funny, talented people didn't try out for the show. Also, some were probably very funny but not in a network tv sort of way.

I know what you mean, noe; back in the 80's and early 90's I saw a ton of very funny, very talented comics at clubs in San Francisco. Some of them nobody had ever heard of at the time, but they are well known now; people like Kevin Pollak, Rob Schneider, and Janeane Garafolo.

Of course, according to Cory, since they've all been in films (and frankly I think Pollak has done some very fine acting), they're all "posers". Or as I learned after submitting the damned recap, it's "poseurs". Newman!

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Wayner
    "Or as I learned after submitting the damned recap, it's "poseurs". Newman!
    Man. You're probably a pretty big fan of Seinfeld, as am I. But I don't recall ever posting "no soup for you" or "not that there's anything wrong with it" on a message board.

Well, until now.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by skwadim
    Man. You're probably a pretty big fan of Seinfeld, as am I. But I don't recall ever posting "no soup for you" or "not that there's anything wrong with it" on a message board.

Well, until now.
    You hadn't posted those before? Get OUT!

I use it in everyday life as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I use it in everyday life as well.
    My siblings and I (all 8 of us) just had this email conversation 2 days ago as we're planning my Mom's 75th birthday party.

What started out as a conversation about cake turned into marble rye, chocolate babka, Uncle Leo, soup and an astronaut pen. We're all cut from the Seinfeld cloth

Sorry for the hijack. Back to your regularly scheduled "my issues with this show...."

I don't think LCS's goal is to show us what the comics are like IRL. What they're showing us is comics performing in locations other than on a stage. After all, they aren't just looking for America's best stand-up comedian; they're looking for the best potential sitcom star.

I don't personally know Mr Mordal or Mr Vos but I'm willing to bet that IRL Mordal doesn't attempt to "smoke" rats out nor does Vos iron quite as much. About sharing a bathtub, I'm not so sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast