+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My issues with this show...

I want to see how a bunch of comics, who by nature make fun of their environment, react to this situation. I bet they hate being thrown together and being watched and analyzed by the public.

This experience will affect their comedy routines and possibly give them years of material. The ones with the sardonic and sarcastic senses of humor will be miserable in the house but will profit from it. I don't think they will become a bonded group of fun-loving folks gathered around the piano for a singalong.

I think it is hilarious that a group of people who watch and make fun of other people are now under the microscope themselves.
    "Once more into the breach, dear friends!"

I would liem to see more stand up, yes they might run out of material, but comics often have this delema and true natural comics can always come up with new stuff...

Imho, the show spends too much time on the comics, too little on the comedy.

I agree with that Sheela.

The goings on in the house really weren't that interesting to me last week (althought they did of course provide the back story as to why people were so keen to get rid of Sean).
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    I really like that we get to see these folks as real people. If you want to watch stand up comedy only, you can always tune into the Comedy channel. This way we get to see some of their real personality. Dat Phan for example is VERY different from his stage persona, while Dave Mordal, Rich Vos and Ralphie May are pretty much themselves.

I think it has helped to esptablish them in the minds of the viewers. How many comics do you watch and never remember their names. I will remember these people long after the show is over and will probably go out of my way to see their act...just because their is more of a connection. I will be rooting for their success.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I think that last week they also had to spend more time explaining how things would work, which took away from more opportunity for fun. But I still love the concept of this show!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    This experience will affect their comedy routines and possibly give them years of material. The ones with the sardonic and sarcastic senses of humor will be miserable in the house but will profit from it. I don't think they will become a bonded group of fun-loving folks gathered around the piano for a singalong

CamsGran...I'm with you here. I think the sign of a good comic is one who uses his life experiences for humor, without making it their whole schtick. (which I think is why I don't find Cory funny - overuse of the life experiences!)

Originally posted by Marysafan
    How many comics do you watch and never remember their names. I will remember these people long after the show is over and will probably go out of my way to see their act...just because their is more of a connection. I will be rooting for their success.
    Exactly! I want to know more about this comics other than just remembering a jokes from their stand-up comic routine rather than the comic's name. So the show's format (so far) is working out well, imo.

It will be interesting to see how the format holds together as the number of comics dwindles.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

noe
    FORT Newbie
    being a fan of comedy. ive seen lots and nyc has so much to offer. as i watch the show, i need to remember this isn't really the search for the "funniest person in america" cause ive seen "no name" comedians at hole in the wall comedy clubs that would blow away everyone in this house. they obvioulsy went for show, drama, mix - rather than true funniest in America. Sure, some of them are funny, and ive got my faves, but funniest in AMERICA - I've seen lots better easily! i say this because i love standup and hope America doesnt think this is the best amateur comedy we've got to offer. Not by a long shot - go to a club - you'll see much worse, but you'll also see much better, and from comedians you've never heard of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast