+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My issues with this show...

It's kind of funny + awkward seeing the dark side of comedians... I'm not sure I like it. Reminds me of that CSI episode about the comedy club where sex, murder, and general mayhem was the order of the day.
    ~M o s a i K~

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I actually agree with you skwadim! I expected something totally different from what I saw (not having read about the premise of the show beforehand). I thought that is was going to be like an American Idol format. I really tuned in to see how Dat Phan would do because he's Vietnamese (as am I), and there are no Vietnamese celebs to represent my culture in this country.

Anyways, back on subject, I liked the challenges and could have done without the whole living in a house with 9 strangers BS that reality tv viewers are oh so accustomed to.

I was hoping to simply see them all do their routines each week.
    I do like the "battle" element of it, but I'd rather just see them all pick partners and go head to head each week.

The whole "we all live in the same house" thing has been done so many times before.
    "That's Numberwang!"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I like the house aspect - in some ways, if they forget the camera is there, you can really see how funny and quick witted they are.

Of course, there's always the editing......

FORT Fan

I like the multiple layers of the show

I really like everything about this show. I like them all living together and watching the interpersonal relationships develope. I think it plays an important part in the strategy. Sean received the most votes not because they thought he was a threat to win, or they thought they could go up against him and win....they just really didn't like living with the guy! Then Sean gets to pick his competion out of those who voted for him. Brilliant concept!

Next, I liked that they showed everyone the voting booth tapes...now you have to go back a live with the person you voted for and they KNOW you voted for them! Yikes!

I liked the reward/immunity challenge, I think having a competition like that will allow us to see more of their personalities...and see how well they think on their feet.

I loved the deal with the kids. For most of these folks, they were out of their element and it really showed a lot how they behave as people when they are not "on". Once again, given a challenge and see how they respond.

I liked the asides to the camera...we get to see more off the cuff remarks and some real zingers will come from these.

We are going to know a lot about these people as people as opposed to just how they are on stage. Knowing that Rich Vos is a dad with two daughters gives him more depth than just being a wise guy from New Jersey with a sardonic sense of humor and an east coast superiority complex...for example.

I think whoever developed this concept put a lot of thought into it...and came up with a formula that ROCKS! I think this is the best show of the summer...and I will be telling all my friends to check it out.

Welcome Marysafan! Those are great points!
    So far, this is turning out to be one great show! I wasn't plannning on watching it, but I'm glad I did. I've even convinced a few people to watch it, too.

I mostly agree with you Mary! Except for your "best show of the summer" line. I have three letters for you---TAR.

Anyway, like you, I totally love the elimination process. I like the fact that they have to say "I am funnier than X", I like the fact that they then get to see who each person thinks they are funnier than, I like the fact that the person with the most votes gets to choose to go head to head with. And whoever loses....leaves.

I dont think, though, that it would be THAT big of a deal going back to the house after the elimination knowing who voted for you. I mean, I doubt that, typically, they would have anything AGAINST the person they choose, its more of a "yeah, I could make an audience laugh harder than him/her" in their opinion. Perhaps there will be more tension as far as that goes, but I think my point was best illustrated by Rob Cantrell. It was obvious that he has nothing against Tere, he probably just thinks he could do better with the audience.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Originally posted by dobolina
    I mostly agree with you Mary! Except for your "best show of the summer" line. I have three letters for you---TAR.

Hug me!
    TAR is second on my list. I think LCS is better because you can be sure that the funnest comic will win. As for TAR, you need a little bit of luck and most of the time if not all, fit people will end up winning. What's the fun in that ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Fan
    I am also a TAR fan...but LCS really ROCKS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast