+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode Four Recap: Who Are You?

I can’t help but wonder if perhaps long ago Ralphie May made the same wish as the boy in that film, but in Ralphie’s case things went horribly, horribly wrong.
    That's a good one. Great job, Wayner.

I don't mind that "You" is doing the voting, and have faith that "You" is very capable of voting out the "unfunny" person. Less work for me, and I don't even have to wait for a silly results show.

You know I hadn't noticed Sean's ticks, but he had to be really mad during the elimination and the head-to-head showdown for the twitching to be really noticeable. I thought he was going to go postal or something.

Yes, this is a good show. If the tv viewers voted, Dave would be the favorite. I like him the first time I saw him. He is like a funny brother-in-law.
    "Once more into the breach, dear friends!"

FORT Fogey

Can you say "schtick?"

With the plethora of bad reality shows that have been on lately, it took me until today to see my tape of this one, and you're right, Wayner, it's turning out to be a terrific show.

Sean turned out to be a miserable guy, and I was glad to see him go. Next I want Tere out of there (by the way, what did she do on the City Walk panhandling gig? I don't remember seeing her). I cannot stand looking at her silly hair and I have yet to hear funny stuff coming out of her mouth.

Tess, on the other hand was very funny on her own, as were Ralphie, Rich, Dat and Dave.

I interpreted the "confessional ironing" as pure schtick on Rich's part.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 'cap, dude!

Wayner, this is brilliant. I would quote the Ralphie comment, but everyone else caught it too. Great recap!

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I have to agree...I really love the show...It is great to hear and see some fresh new comedy acts that don't have obscenities in every sentence and can still leave you rolling on the floor.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Nani
    I have to agree...I really love the show...It is great to hear and see some fresh new comedy acts that don't have obscenities in every sentence and can still leave you rolling on the floor.
    Welcome to the FORT, Nani! I think you make a very good point about how nice it is to see funny stuff that doesn't envolve profanity.

Great recap Wayner! I am still kinda new here so I am not sure if you have always had the same avatar...but have you checked out NBC's LCS site? The comedian kicked out each week gets the glasses w/big nose, eyebrows and moustache on their photo. How funny is that??
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Hah! I didn't know that about the booted comics melpepinla, thanks! That is very funny! I only started using this avatar when I started covering LCS.

I didn't know that either. I hope they show those pictures with the groucho look on the show.

I'm a little late in reading this, but great recap. I'm rooting for Dat Phan, but unfortunantly I don't get to decide that.

Am I the only one who thinks of Judy Gold whenever I see Cory?
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast