+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post show discussion thread - 06/24 **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

STOLEN JOKE ALERT - Penalty: Sean

Glad Sean got booted out. That "bravest man in the world joke" about the first guy to eat an egg is totally stolen from David Brenner. He did it on the tonight show circa 1975 and it's one of the longest recorded laughs in TV history. They had to go to commercial to get the audience under control.
    Its just pathetic to steal jokes, especially in a televised competition.
    Peace out, Sean. Tell your story walking!

FORT Newbie
    I've seen that David Brenner joke, and it is not stolen. They're a little similar, but you can't make that comparison. That's like saying Raplhie or Tess can't do any fat jokes since they're similar to other fat comedians jokes. Ever see big John Pinette's fat material? Or Monique, the corpulent african-american judge from the first round? She and Tess have practiacally the same opening bit. If you knew anything about comedy you'd probably understand this. Ever see Margaret Cho? Compare her act to Dat Phan's. If I see by Sean's bio he was born in 1974 which would have made him one year old or less at the time Brenner tolds his joke. Are you kidding?
    Last edited by bclyde74; 06-24-2003 at 11:07 PM.

Hello, both of your first-time posters!

Comments like "if you knew anything about comedy..." are not acceptable here. Thank you.

FORT Newbie
    I know a great deal about comedy and the jokes are almost word for word. I've seen the kinescopes and here's a paraphrase from Brenner's book "Soft pretzels with mustard" (just because I don't have it in front of me) which I've read upwards of 20 times.

Johnny Carson asks David Brenner whom he's caught day dreaming during an interview another guest on the tonight show "David who's the most important man in the world?" David, who admits to have been daydreaming takes a second and responds "I don't know who the most important man in the world is but I'll tell you who the bravest was. It was the first guy who ate an egg. Because he took a look around and said 'I'm going to take what ever falls out of that chickens ass, fry it up in a pan, and eat it!'" (incidentally the censored bleeped out the word ass) The audience went nuts and Johnny was incoherent for almost a minute. Sorry buddy. I know from whence I speak. Feel free to check out my sources and don't be so quick to pull the trigger next time.
    Last edited by comedyhack; 06-24-2003 at 11:27 PM.

I didn't know that the Egg Joke was a "remake", but all I know is that Sean Kent needs to go home and have a beer, maybe something stronger......he was/is way too uptight....you could feel the tension.

Welcome Comedyhack!!!

FORT Newbie
    incidentally I'm only 30 and I know that joke. What can't he?

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I think we all need to take a break from the board and fry up some of them there eggs before we end up with yoke on our faces.

Similar joke or no, it's a moot point. Dave served him up for breakfast. Done.

Post show discussion thread - 06/24 **Spoilers**

Please keep all comments about tonights show in this thread until the program has aired on the west coast.

Thanks
    "That's Numberwang!"

When Ralphie WAVED goodbye to Sean at the end of the show, I even found him hysterical then. Can't help it. I love him.

Rich Vos

After tonight, even though he didn't perform, for some strange reason I find that I like him more than I did in the beginning. Hmmmm. Odd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast