+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post show discussion thread - 06/24 **Spoilers**

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by cali
    I'm wondering if he is a recovering alcoholic, or if he used it for arguments sake.

I don't know why, but that is the impression that I got.

dea... I agree 100% the fact that he refused to shake Dave's hand spoke volumes to me.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Not shaking Dave's hand was RUDE. Period.

I agree on the smolking issue. I am a smoker and I would have gone outside without anyone telling me. Pure and simple. As for the drinking, I have to agree there, as well. I mean, granted, Rich isn't breathing in the beer but if they wanted to be courteous to everyone, then it should be the same for Rich if he is indeed a recovering alcoholic.
    ~*~ Maji *~

of course if they went out to drink and he went out to smoke they'd still all be together
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I never thought Sean Kent was all that funny to begin with. He got his wish...he got away from the smoke

First post

Did anyone else notice Sean's facial "tick" when he got his first vote against him? It was very visable and that told me a great deal. This is an entertainment show and editing, with all of these reality shows is an issue. The producers can make anyone out to be a "villian" or a "hero" with careful editing. Up to that point of voting, I felt maybe Sean was being played up to be the bad guy, but with that one facial tick, that told me that guy might have some issues.

Sean also showed his character when choosing Dave to go up against rather then Rich whom he really disliked and Ralphie who called him out. And then the refusal to shake hands was immature and childish.

As to other things, yeah, Rich was a bit of rear for pushing the smoking in the house issue. But I saw that as more of his personality. He pushes people to see how far he can go. I think of it as the kind hearted bully as outside of that issue he doesn't seem to be too bad of a guy.

I think what it will take to win this is someone who has a distinct personality and style. Someone who is generally funny and not just someone who can tell jokes.

We'll see how next week shakes down....

Great first post, TimeDemon!

As for the editing comment, I think the old FORT comment "You can't edit in bad personality might need to be upgraded to "you can't edit in a facial tic!"

FORT Newbie

funniest moment of the show...

Not really the funniest...but is it just me or was it absolutely hilarious that Tere Joyce ACTUALLY thought she was funnier than Dave Mordal? I mean...from reading this board I think it is popular opinion that Dave is one of, if not the funniest, we've seen so far...and we're still unclear as to why Tere is there...Is it Tere that Dave was talking about in the clip for next weeks show when he says "I have not heard you say anything funny since you've been here"?

Good point, yardbelly. I got the feeling last night that most of them hadn't seen Dave on stage. And since he's a pretty understated guy when he isn't performing, and he only managed a lousy $6.75 in the challenge, some of them might have underestimated him before watching him blow Sean's doors off last night.

And whether or not Dave's quote for next week is directed at Tere, I think that's what the editors wanted us to believe.

BTW, I'd just like to say how nice it is to see so many new faces to the FORT finding there way here through the LCS forum!

All I'll say about Tere at this point is that her "cha cha cha" tag line is VERY annoying. I'll reserve further judgement until I see her featured more.

On smoking: *I* smoke, but not in my own house. It reeks, and makes everyone else (and their clothes and the furniture, etc) reek. And our culture is such that in public places, or in other people's homes, I just automatically go outside to smoke. Simple respect - and i would certainly have it in a hollywood mansion ...

Register my vote for Corey as the most emotionally fragile in the house ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast