+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post show discussion thread - 06/24 **Spoilers**

I agree with most of hte posts here about last night show. You have to keep in mind (which is hard to do with a lot of these "reality" shows) that editing is coming into play here. We don't know that Sean didn't apologize to Rich for hitting him with the tennis ball, but like Sean, I would have peed my pants laughing had I been the one to hit the ball. I don't get pleasure out of seeing other people hurt, but there are some slapstick-type things that crack me up (i.e., the commercial where the guy is mowing the dirt and throwing rocks everywhere, breaking windows,e tc, the part where he nails the guy walking down the sidewalk and the way he falls on the ground like a fish , makes me laugh out loud everytime I see it).
    I had a hard time following the whole conspiracy meetings with the comics. Even though I dislike Rich I think he's playing a very smart game. Even though he's abrasive and rude, he still has friends in that house. Maybe the only reason he was being an ass about the smoking was to just generate "drama". Did you actually see him smoking in the house after that scene?

well, it turns out that Rich is NOT the only smoker in the house. I guess Dave Mordahl is too. And I wonder if Ralphie smokes? Or anyone else. I dont really understand why the smokers couldnt or wouldnt go outside. I have it in my head that Rich is the one who insisted on having an inside smoking area, because it seems like Dave would probably go outside to do it(just conjecture on my part-Rich is abrasive enough to insist on his way, whereas Dave seems like a nice everyday joe, and would try to make everyone comfortable).

Rich made a great point with the "I dont want to walk in here and see people drinking, because I am a recovering Alcoholic", though. Although it IS quite different than blowing smoke into a room for everyone to share.

I never thought Sean Kent was all that funny to begin with. He got his wish...he got away from the smoke, and Rich.

Funnygirl, I had problems following the "conspiracy" meetings too. I think it had to do with the fact that, at that point, we didnt know how the elimination would go down. On that subject, let me re-iterate how much I like the elimination process. I dont think many folks will be putting Dave on their list anytime soon!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

spikey hair girl was smoking too. She was outside for what it's worth
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

She, and the others who smoke should have been, IMHO...

Knew your father, I did! mrbnatural's Avatar
    BTW, welcome mrbnatural.
    A belated thank you for the warm welcome Wolf!

I also agree that the smokers need to go outside. I don't understand how Rich thought he had a valid argument with regard to smoking in the house, though I have my doubts that he feels he needs a valid point in order to argue. Tere Joyce is also a smoker so there are 3 of them.

Hug me!
    And it doesn't matter if smokers outnumber non-smokers in the house. This is not a club or public places where non-smokers can just get up and leave. They live there for god sake. :rolleyes
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

dea
    FORT Newbie
    You know, for a minute I felt bad for Sean, but when he selected Dave for the challenge and Dave got up to shake his hand and he wouldn't shake Dave's hand, I lost all respect for him. Dave handled the situation well,a nd Sean did not. I have no idea why he chose Dave...I would have thought he'd choose Rich, but I guess he didn't think that he could win.

Oh, and I think Ralphie's attitude was justified, especially since Sean may have been doing other things that we didn't see. Ralphie seems to me like an honest kind of guy, who says something the way it is, and I don't think he would just go after someone without reason...look at how cool he was with the kids.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by dobolina
    Rich made a great point with the "I dont want to walk in here and see people drinking, because I am a recovering Alcoholic", though. Although it IS quite different than blowing smoke into a room for everyone to share.
    I have a few problems with Rich's statement. One, if a non-smoker is in a room with a smoker, the non-smoker is going to breath in the smoke and smell nasty. If someone doesn't drink and there is a drinker in the house, the non-drinker isn't going to smell like a brewery because he's in the same room. And if Rich doesn't like being around alcohol, he shouldn't be working in comedy clubs, which are full of people that smoke and drink!

Still, I like Rich a lot better than I did before last night. But I do think he should have been courteous to the non-smokers.

Originally posted by Wayner
    Still, I like Rich a lot better than I did before last night. But I do think he should have been courteous to the non-smokers.
    I totally agree Wayner. He should have been more courteous. I actually broached this subject in his thread. Its tricky here, because, although both comics WORK in places where there are smokers and drinkers, we are talking about where they LIVE! I would think that a recovering alcoholic might be more tempted when he goes and looks in the refrigerator for food, and sees a bunch of beers sitting in there.

So what do they do? Separate refrigerators for alcohol? Separate rooms for drinking and smoking?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'm wondering if he is a recovering alcoholic, or if he used it for arguments sake.

I don't know why, but that is the impression that I got.

dea... I agree 100% the fact that he refused to shake Dave's hand spoke volumes to me.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast