+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post show discussion thread - 06/24 **Spoilers**

Originally posted by comedyhack
    I dunno fluff. Comedy is evil business. Thick skins are the rule not the exception. As they say, "If you can't stand the heat, yadda yadda yadda..."
    Yes, that is very true.

I just felt as though Sean was a little under seige this episode.
    I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, hard to tell from what we saw,
    it just bothered me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm really digging this show and think their way of eliminating one of the "funny" house guests is appropriate.

I'm going to have to agree w/Fluff here that I was feeling a bit uncomfortable with how mean the comics were being to Sean, particularly in the bus on the way to the show. Granted, maybe this is just the way comics relate w/one another in which case I can count myself lucky for having none as friends (or enemies!).

That being said, I was SOOOOO happy that Dave got to stay because he, along w/Dat, are my favorites! And Rich Voss? What an a**!!

Originally posted by dobolina
    I need to add that I love the format of the elimination! They get to see who voted for them and kind of why.
    This format definitely adds a little bit more spice to the mix. I loved Rob Cantrell's reason for challenging Tere. It's an old kids joke, but his delivery of it was very funny.

The comics teaching kids jokes was pretty cute. I loved Carlos, the playa. He was Ralphie's little apprentice. He was just too cute.

I thought Dat was going to make more money than anyone since he had a huge crowd around him. But thanks to comedyhack, I now know why he didn't make more money than Tess. Tess was really hustling it. She even hustled a kid out of his money. Her "Help a Sista Foundation" was a neat idea. She actually didn't bug me as much as she did on the previous shows.

Knew your father, I did! mrbnatural's Avatar
    I LOVED tonight's show! Sure, it was uncomfortable, but it kept me engaged every second it was on. That's good TV to me!

While I think there was a little bit of scary mob mentality going on toward Sean, I also think that Sean brought it on himself to some extent. His comment about dinner was very mean spirited, IMO. Then after he hit Rich with the tennis ball, he laughed. That didn't sit right with me. If I hit someone, accidentally or not, I'd apologize no matter who they were and how I felt about them. I find all kinds of stuff funny, but one thing that I don't think it funny is causing someone else physical pain or injury.

I think Rich is somewhat of a jerk, and I doubt I could live around him, but he does make me laugh on and off stage.

I agree mrbnatural! Rich does come across like a jerk, but he is funny. It's just common courtesy to go smoke outside if you're in a house with non-smokers, but he had to be an a** about it. He did make me laugh on several occasions.
    Did anyone notice that Rich looks like a rat in the face?.

I didn't feel bad for Sean at all because he just came across like a rude whiny guy. He wasn't funny, and he didn't seem to gel well with the others. I'm glad he was voted out. Ralphie was a little bit ruthless towards Sean, but he did state why he called out to Sean the way he did. He wanted to take Sean down in the showdown. Sean was an idiot for saying he wouldn't vote out Ralphie because he is the cook. For a moment there, I thought I was watching Survivor!

This show is definitely getting better. I'm liking it more every time I watch it.

BTW, welcome mrbnatural.

Hug me!
    I think this show shape up to be the best summer reality show. Love it, put 10 comics in one house is definately a good idea so much drama. Dislike both Sean and especially Rich(His smoking comment is really stupidest thing I ever heard). Not sure why Dat got so much confession time ?? And he should win the immunity but oh well.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Sean Says he picked dave for what he said in the booth, NO WAY, he was scared of Vos and Mae (mae for sure) and thought that DAve would be an "easy target. Do you know who isn't the bravest manin Texas? Sean for picking what he thought was easy picking. I am glad dave moped the flor with sean... 73% of the vote if I remember corectly... the other 27% must of been from the south or texas, ir just felt bad for how poor Seans performance was....

Soups done!

I absolutely was not fond of Ralphie last night

I understand he wanted to be called out, but seems like a stupid way to do it. He was funny though when the guys were arguing over beer and cigs in the house, and he started in on getting rid of all the junk food... syaing "only you can prevent me"... that was an off the cuff remark that could e honed into part of a skit... it was interesting to hear it.

I was VERY happy Dave won... he's a funny man.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I don't know if I felt any pity for Sean. I know it seemed everyone was out to get him but, really, he lost me when he offended Cory for cooking. I know, I know. That may be silly BUT he was out of line there. He just seems like quite the jerk and -- in my opinion -- if you can set yourself up to outjerk Rich Vos in an episode, you better be ready for what is coming to you.
    ~*~ Maji *~

i was surprised to see so many posts feeling sorry for Sean. i started watching this show during the smoking argument (i mean, literally started watching this show, very first episode i've seen) and i thought he was in the right about indoor smoking. but then i realized he was a jerk in general and may have been the butt of that argument based on his previous behavior because he criticized a meal that HE HAD encouraged corey (was it?) to cook. its one thing to not like someone's cooking, another thing to actually say something about it but its a jerk-of-the-house move to complain about something you'd asked somebody to do for your benefit.

p.s. am i wrong about this... wasn't he the one when she started cooking that said hey why don't you make a whole bunch of that so we can all have it... and then criticized her based on geography (i just thought i new yorker would make better sauce)? i could be off since it was the first few minutes i'd seen any of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast