+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post show discussion thread - 06/24 **Spoilers**

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Woops! Sorry, Fluffernutter. I forgot some people are still watching the show.

FORT Newbie
    Sorry - got carried away back there. You know that comics have no greater love than tearing each other to pieces. That's why comics never laugh at each other's jokes. Cant give 'em the satisfaction. Incidentally thank you for the welcome to the board.

But just for future refernce, I understand the difference between stylistic similarities and even jokes that are created in parallel and theft. A lot of comics are hacks and can't break out of the "I'm the fat comic" or "I'm the black comic" or "I'm the gay comic" mold. Others just don't want to.
    And some jokes are so obvious they can't help but be created simultaneously (we've all had that moment during a group conversation where everyone chimes in on the punch line to a joke that was just created.) But outright theft of material sux and is a comedey no-no. You might as well turn in your cumberbund and cigar.

No problem Maji.

We forget to get a post show thread going.
    I've merged a couple of posts from other threads into this one
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after tonights show.

We obviously don't know everything that went on in the house, but the way Rich, Dave and Ralphie were toward Sean really bothered me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Rich Vos

Originally posted by MajiH
    After tonight, even though he didn't perform, for some strange reason I find that I like him more than I did in the beginning. Hmmmm. Odd.
    I really find Rich annoying at this point.
    I did last week too to be honest, but tonight he lost me with the whole smoking issue for a start and he just seemed to have a mean streak that I didn't like.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    I dunno fluff. Comedy is evil business. Thick skins are the rule not the exception. As they say, "If you can't stand the heat, yadda yadda yadda..."

The fact is, I laughed my ass off at Dave Mordahl. I nearly pissed my pants...I was crying!! That was funny funny stuff. Sean Kent(who I didnt find funny in any of his previous spots on the show) got his just desserts to his dinner criticism!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I need to add that I love the format of the elimination! They get to see who voted for them and kind of why.

I loved the first graders! That was a pretty cool task. I can imagine how nervous everyone involved must have been!

I was surprised Dat Phan didnt earn more money? He had a huge crowd. I wonder how long they had.....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Newbie
    Hey dobolina -
    Obviously we didn't see the whole thing but just from the clips we did see I have an idea what Dat did wrong. It goes back to the fundamentals of sales "the more people you see the more money you make." His performance looked really long and tiring while tess' was very short and punchy. She had a hi rate of turn over and she also chased people in the street calling after them. Dat stood in one place waiting for them to come to him (admittedly working very hard in that one place.) Ya gotta see more people to get through the no's and get to the yes's...

oh yeah - it also helps to have big boobs when asking guys for money.
    Last edited by comedyhack; 06-25-2003 at 01:07 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I just think that, for aesthetic purposes, they should have kept Sean Kent on the show. But, yes, he did need to work on his delivery a bit. Then again, how can he with all the negativity being thrown at him. Poor guy looked liked he was about to break down and cry. But that's the way the game is played and it is the search for the funniest person in america, so...
    Dave Mordahl was pretty funny, which was probably a slap in the face for Sean, since I believe he picked him only because he seemed like an easy target. It saved him the embarrasment of losing to the excruciatingly irritating Rich Vos. Ralphie May deserves a swift kick in the ass for being a little bitch himself. I hope next week's elimination round puts Ralphie and Tess head to head. If not, then I hope somebody tries to give Rich the boot scootin' boogey. Granted, his annoying antics make for interesting television but something about him just rubs me the wrong way. Just a few thoughts.... I will be on my merry little way now. Thanks for your time.

-e.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast