+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be eliminated first?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar

Who will be eliminated first?

Okay, as far as I can tell, we really haven't been told how the eliminations are going to work. We don't know how many comics will go each week, and we don't know how they'll go. Unless I missed something while reading a Bazooka Joe cartoon of course.
    Perhaps they've been intentionally vague about it in case the ratings were horrible and they decided to start offing the contestants two or three at a time. But for the sake of argument, let's assume that the audience votes someone off each week. Who do you think will go tonight.

My rankings were:
    1. Dave Mordal
    2. Dat Phan
    3. Ralphie May
    4. Rich Vos
    5. Cory Kahney
    6. Rob Cantrell
    7. Geoff Brown
    8. Tess Drake
    9. Sean Kent
    10. Tere Joyce

While that is my ranking of the comics, I think that if the audience votes one off, the first one to go will be Rob Cantrell. I would have said Sean Kent, but the previews showed him beaning Rich Vos with a tennis ball, and I think there are enough people out there that don't like Rich's attitude that it'll boost Sean's standing with the viewers.

But what do you think?

Well, I am not quite sure who will be eliminated first. I know who I want to get eliminated first (that would be Tere), I don't think it will be her. Let's go out on a limb and Say Rich. Once we know more about how the process works, my guessing will be more accurate....
    Have you checked out the Bally's Sport and Race website who lists the odd's of winning this thing? The website lists Ralphie & Tess as #1 & #2! Fairly surprising. Dave Mordal is number 3 or 4...they list Sean,Geoff & Rob as the last three.

I'd think Tere would be eliminated first (How many times can you possibly say cha-cha-cha in 3 minutes?). But who knows, I might still change my mind after seeing their first full routines (I hope they show it all tonight anyway).

OK, this may be WAY THE HECK OFF, but I swear I saw a disturbing commercial in which voiceover guy said "and who will be voted out?" or something like that, and they showed contestants going into a "special room" giving me the impression that they vote each other out....

Like I said, it may be way off, but IF that is how it goes, I will not be happy. I'm not saying we should get to vote, but.... I also don't think they should get to vote each other out.

SORRY.... from official board:

Click here to see the comics who made it into the house! Check back next week to see who America votes out.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Oh, and my guess? Tere.

dea
    FORT Newbie
    How it works (and I only know this because I saw Jay Mohr on TV several times saying it) is that they challenge one another, say, they are all sick of Ralphie, well, someone who thinks they have a better routine than him, say, Dave, might challenge him, and they both do their routines in front of a live audience. At the end, the live audience votes for who was funnier, and that person gets to stay while the other one has to leave. I am not sure what happens when it is down to just two or three, but that is how the bulk of them will be eliminated.

hmmm, so really we as viewers don't do it? The audience they perform in front of do? That could be cool I guess.

Does that mean each week will be spent mostly in the house, and not on the stage?? I don't know if I like that

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    It's worse than that. They've decided that each week, the comics will have to "hook up" with another comic. The one that doesn't is eliminated, and they bring in a new comedian for the next week. This will go on indefinitely.

My bet this week is that Rich hooks up with Ralphie and avoids elimination.

golly, I think that is the worst concept ever for a show

I might be easily amused but I really liked how they did their first round of protection from elimination. I was cracking up the entire time!! The elimination isn't as bad as I thought it would end up being, I'm pleased so far and really enjoying this show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast