+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Vegas Finals: Gorgeous Vegas Babes

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar

Re: Re: The Vegas Finals: Gorgeous Vegas Babes

Originally posted by Doctor Mosby
    Interesting...I had the opposite response to Rob - I think his ideas are inventive and original, but to me, his delivery is clunky and his jokes are too wordy. He could cut a lot out and still retain the core of each joke. I am looking forward to seeing what else he has in store, but I think he is still a little green as a comic.
    I agree that his stuff is original. And I agree that he seems more raw than some of the other more polished contestants, but I think green works for him.

I'm glad that they aren't subjecting us to the entire three minutes of all the routines. They have no incentive to cut out funny stuff, so I think we can safely assume that they are keeping us from getting bored watching really bad comedy and changing the channels.

As for getting a bigger talent pool, my guess is that for every person out there that thinks they're funny enough to be a comedian, there are a thousand people that think they could sing professionally. And while I'm not particularly funny and I sing horribly, I think that it's a lot easier to sing well than it is to do three minutes of comedy. Anyway, that's my long-winded theory for why they didn't have more people compete.

FEotW

Re: Re: Re: The Vegas Finals: Gorgeous Vegas Babes

Originally posted by Wayner
    As for getting a bigger talent pool, my guess is that for every person out there that thinks they're funny enough to be a comedian, there are a thousand people that think they could sing professionally. And while I'm not particularly funny and I sing horribly, I think that it's a lot easier to sing well than it is to do three minutes of comedy. Anyway, that's my long-winded theory for why they didn't have more people compete.
    I agree, Waynor, but, don't you also agree that there have to be at least 100 funny amatuers in the country who could have made this interesting and entertaining?
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who get binary and those who don't.

I'm not sure who the heck Waynor is, but hey, I agree with you, dsrtdawg!

FEotW
    Typing challenged. I drop words too.

Sorry
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who get binary and those who don't.

if I have to hear one more aspiring comedian tell me that if they make just one person laugh, Iím going to puke. If you only make one person laugh, it doesnít mean youíve done your job Ė it means youíre not funny, and you should be thankful that your mom was in the audience.

I must admit that Iíve never watched AI once they reach that point so I donít know what to expect. Oops, I just lost the Clay Aiken fans that mistakenly stumbled across this article. Damn!
    Thanks for a great recap, Wayner!

Well, I'm glad we weren't subjected to a lot of the bad material. But now that there are 10 contestants, I hope that the producers show a little bit more of the comedian's acts. I bet that we'll be shown a lot more of the drama that will ensue in the house.

Knowing each of the person's backgrounds is interesting to me because I want to know where they are coming from. I think Dat's story was only mentioned in the first show and so was Dave's. So I really don't think, the producers are trying to push the poverty/ethnic/gay stories down our throats. At least, it didn't come across like that to me. The contestants seem a little bit more human to me when I hear their stories.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Vegas Finals: Gorgeous Vegas Babes

Originally posted by dsrtdawg
    I agree, Waynor, but, don't you also agree that there have to be at least 100 funny amatuers in the country who could have made this interesting and entertaining?
    Yeah, where are they? This should have been a contest among 10 killer comics.

This leads me to believe that A) this competition wasn't very well publicized or B) a lot of comics knew about it but didn't want anything to do with it.
    "It takes grace to play the second fiddle well" - The Fall, "Strife Knot"

LG.
    Yeah, what if they threw a comedy competition and nobody came . . .

Great recap, Wayner. My favorite part:
    If you only make one person laugh, it doesnít mean youíve done your job Ė it means youíre not funny, and you should be thankful that your mom was in the audience.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thank you for the great recap Wayner, I'm annoyed I missed the show.

I do wonder if some people just skipped the tryouts thinking it wasn't worth the time or it might make them look bad? Who knows. I do think it's harder to be funny then it is to sing because you can either be funny or you can't...Singing..well you can be close and you will fool those of us who have no clue about music.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by dsrtdawg
    Typing challenged. I drop words too.

Sorry
    No need to apologize, dsrtdawg. In case you missed it, I'm not exactly great at getting people's names spelled correctly, either!

And I would have to think that it just wasn't well publicized. I mean, what comedian wouldn't want a Comedy Central special and an NBC contract? "Nah, I'm not interested in fame, man; I'm gonna suffer for my art. Did you want fries with that?"

yes, i finally read it! funny stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast