+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich Vos

btw, I think Rich is funny!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Newbie
    Vos is from NJ...and here in Buffalo that smoking law has not gone into effect yet (end of July)...now I dont allow smoking in my car...i think there is a big difference between smoking in a house and smoking in a car...in a car your in a closed space and there is no where for the smoke to go but in a home it circulates more....

you know what...i cant believe were arguing about the whole smoking thing...this isnt about the smoking its about people thinking hes not funny because of that smoking thing...

its about people criticizing him and saying "wow hes a jerk i dont want him to win" first of all sure hes a jerk, but hes nice and he likes his fans and hes all talk but thats what you have to do...you have show your a hard ass ad you cant take shit from anyone, if he would have went outside it would have made him feel like a pussy..the reason being maybe he didnt want to go outside...maybe it was too hot out and he ddnt want to be sweating while smoking a cigarette, how does that make him a bad comedian? If you watch tough crowd you would see everybody picks on him (they call him a midget with big hands on opie and anthony, they've taken his head and put it on Dorf's body...etc...) he has anger built up and hes relesaing it but atleast he is realeasing it in a comedy/entertaining way...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Surewood:
    dont judge him until you see his act is what im saying...wait until you get a chance to see him perform..

He doesnt really have anything to prove because stand up comedy is his full time job...these other schmucks in the house are just jealous of him.

Why should he have to go outside? theres no law saying you cant smoke inside and theres no law saying that if somone asks you to go outside to smoke you have to....

all i am saying is that you people hate him because he woulnt go outside to smoke...what the f?
    Welcome to the FORT Surewood.

I think it's great that you know Vos and like his comedy. Terrific. Wonderful. Good for you.

I think you're misquoting the folks here that disagree with you. I don't believe anyone here has said they hate Rich Vos. I think that many, both smokers and non-smokers alike, have said that they think he has poor manners. And I agree with them. True, there is no law that says he can't smoke in the house. There is also no law that requires people to be nice to each other; it's called courtesy and civility, and if we're lucky we learn about it growing up. Rich came off as an ass on the smoking issue last night. Whether that was the result of editing or just the way he is doesn't really matter. We can only comment on what we see, and what we saw was a guy sharing a house with a bunch of people and not having the courtesy to smoke outside. Period.

I also think you are contradicting yourself. In one breath you're telling us that we shouldn't judge Rich until we've seen his act. But in the next breath you're telling us that the other contestants are a bunch of schmucks that are just jealous of him. Which means you're judging them before you've seen their acts.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Well, bottom line, he may smell like smoke, but his clothes are definitely wrinkle free

FORT Newbie
    It was interesting to see how well Vos interacted with the little first grade kid on the show. He really seemed like a nice guy. He's been around a loooonnnnng time so I wonder whether this abrasiveness is not just one big act. I'm from New Jersey and I recently saw him perform. That abrasiveness permeates his act. For what it's worth, he also chain smoked for the entire hour that he was on stage.

Originally posted by Surewood
    true, but how many others have been on comedy central before? or how many have opeed up for Andrew Dice Clay?
    Well, let's see...I shouldn't do this, because it just keeps drawing out this useless conversation topic, but:

Rob Cantrell: Has worked with Jay Mohr, Wanda Sykes, Dave Attell, and many others. He's playing good-sized comedy clubs (like Punchline), and was featured in an article about up-and-coming comedians, after only 3 years on the Stand-up circuit.

Cory Kahaney: She has made multiple appearances on "Politically Incorrect", "The View", she hosted a week of "Later", and she's been on Comedy Central's USO Tour and "Premium Blend". Her one-person show drew critical reviews, and was picked up by HBO and produced as a half-hour special. She's playing clubs like Caroline's, etc.

Dat Phan: Has opened for Andrew "Dice" Clay and Eddie Griffith (this appears to be the match you're looking for). He's been doing standup for 5 years, and recently hosted the "California's Funniest Female Contest". He has appeared on Comedy Central, and was the 2002 Snapple spokesperson, in addition to cutting and distributing two comedy CD's.

Shall I continue?

I agree with your second paragraph... but if that's how you feel, why include the third paragraph?

Rich said some funny things, but really I say some funny things sometimes... doesn't mean everyone I know thinks I'm funny. Hell, doesn't even mean I think I'm funny.

As of last nights episode Dave is my favorite.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by marybethp
    Well, bottom line, he may smell like smoke, but his clothes are definitely wrinkle free

"You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

And John, stop bringing in facts, you're going to ruin a perfectly good argument here!

You could continue by stating that Ralphie May is writing for a new show on MTV, too.

Speaking of useless conversation topics, I need to go post about a bee sting.

+ Reply to Thread