+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich Vos

Exactly Cali.
    If the dude is so crash hot why is he even entered into a competition that he could lose?
    Considering his connection should he even be alowed to compete?

I don't find him funny or entertaining in the limited exposure I've had to him so far. I certainly find others far more amusing than I have found him to be up to this point.

Smoke lingers and makes the place stink, I can't see that it's a big deal for him to just take it outside when he wants to smoke
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    hes popular in the NY/NJ area, as well as working Vegas with Dice and Jim Norton....hes in the contest to try to become the best comedian there is....hes getting exposure throughout teh whole US right now...

You people are basically saying theres no humor in him because he wouldnt go outside to smoke....dont judge him until you see his act is what im saying...wait until you get a chance to see him perform..

Pick up a copy (i should say Download a copy) of the Def Comedy Jam with him on it (first and i believe only white person to perform Def Comedy...) you see he if f'ing hystaricle....you could download him at I believe Foundrymusic.com (not sure if they still have it up or not)
    Last edited by Surewood; 06-25-2003 at 12:29 PM.

Rich...is that you?

OK, I didn't watch the show last night (it was pre-empted for coverage of a wildfire in my area), but I remember this guy from the NYC semifinals/auditions. While I did find him funny, I also thought he was abrasive and seemed like he could be confrontational. Again, I didn't see the show last night, so I don't know what went on, but if he was asked to leave the room/house to smoke, then he should be the one to leave, not the other way around. It's simple common courtesy.

Oh, and surewood, I think it's great that you're his friend and all, but you have to realize that there are going to be people who don't find his style of comedy amusing, whether they're in the house or posting here on this board. Just because they don't like him doesn't mean they're "jealous" or "don't know anything" about comedy...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Originally posted by lobeck
    Rich...is that you?

OK, I didn't watch the show last night (it was pre-empted for coverage of a wildfire in my area), but I remember this guy from the NYC semifinals/auditions. While I did find him funny, I also thought he was abrasive and seemed like he could be confrontational. Again, I didn't see the show last night, so I don't know what went on, but if he was asked to leave the room/house to smoke, then he should be the one to leave, not the other way around. It's simple common courtesy.

Oh, and surewood, I think it's great that you're his friend and all, but you have to realize that there are going to be people who don't find his style of comedy amusing, whether they're in the house or posting here on this board. Just because they don't like him doesn't mean they're "jealous" or "don't know anything" about comedy...
    Are you a genius or what Lobeck????!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether ya like him or ya don't, the guy has some serious charisma. I loved watching him with the kids last night.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I'm with you, Zhora. Rich can definitely be a jerk, as we have seen, but the guy is pretty funny, imo

He does have a vague similiarity to Andrew Dice Clay, whom I can't stand. But so far, Rich seems funnier that some of the other comics in the house. Just my opinion.

Surewood, I don't think anyone said Rich wasn't funny because he acts like jerk. Some people just don't like his comedy style. There's nothing wrong with that.

FORT Newbie
    well first of all I am NOT rich, nor are we friends...infact a couple months ago we hated each other guts and sent threats to each other via email..the threats turned into funny little quotes we were sending and now we dont have a problem with each other..

anyway, common courtesy to leave or not you cant force somone to leave...the question I have is, were there ashtrays? if the house has ashtrays I say smoke away! Why should he have to go outside? theres no law saying you cant smoke inside and theres no law saying that if somone asks you to go outside to smoke you have to....

all i am saying is that you people hate him because he woulnt go outside to smoke...what the f?

oh and lobeck, I never said anything about people not knowing anything about comedy...I do think they are afraid of him...afraid of the fact that he was a well known comic before the show started...and I think people are going to be afraid to vote him off...if anyone at all watches Tough Crowd you know that he is quick and can come up with both jokes and insults right off his head and I think thats intimidatig to the other contestants

I think several of these comedians have been around for a while on the circuit. Let's not presume that Rich is the only one capable of making a funny.

FORT Newbie
    true, but how many others have been on comedy central before? or how many have opeed up for Andrew Dice Clay?

Surewood, I dont smoke, but I have always lived with smokers. Every single one of them has always had the courtesy to ask if they can smoke in my car or in my home. I dont mind when they smoke in my car, as long as the window is open. I dont even mind if they smoke in my home. But every single one of them still goes outside to do it. It is just accepted courtesy these days. Plus Rich is from NY isnt he?? Didnt they recently LEGISLATE that smokers go outside?? At least in Bars and Restaurants? I know that its a HOME that they are in, but come on.

This reminds me of one of Dom Irrera's bits(I think it was his) where he talks about smokers who arent courteous with their habit--which like it or not DOES affect others around you. Dom said "I dont mind if a smoker smokes around me, and blows smoke in my face,as long as they dont mind MY habit of spitting. And if I happen to spit in their face, well, tough"
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread