+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566

Thread: Dave Mordal

If it's the show I saw, it wasn't very cool at all. Dave came out at the end of Jay's monologue, while Jay was still standing. They had about 15 seconds of banter, and then the show cut to about a 2-minute bit that Dave did interviewing comics standing in line for LCS2. He picked some crazy people and Dave did well with his dry humor. Then they cut back to Jay, who said "Dave Mordal everybody!!!" And that was it. I got the impression that Dave would occasionally do a little bit like that for the Tonight Show as the auditions continue, sort of like a reporter.

Also, I love Dave, but he really looked . . . ah . . . casual, which worked fine when he was on with Colin Quinn on Tough Crowd, but he really looked shlubby in his slept-in weekend wear standing next to Jay in a smart suit. Even just slightly better looking would have made a world of difference--like if the open shirt he wore over a t-shirt was, say, pressed or, possibly, not the same color as "dirt."

I don't know if the Tonight Show was a repeat tonight, but I just saw Mordal on it interviewing people on the LCS2 line. He DID look unkept, but he was actually pretty dead on funny and sarcastic.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    According to DaveMordal.com, Dave will be co-hosting a new tv show, "America's Worst Driver", on NBC beginning May 19, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    According to DaveMordal.com, Dave will be co-hosting a new tv show, "America's Worst Driver", on NBC beginning May 19, 2004.
    Thanx JD, for the heads up!

Chris

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Well, I hope you didn't Tivo this yet, the show has been canceled. No one is more disapointed than me. Except maybe Mordal.

I'm not giving up on him though, he is genuinely funny and deserves to be heard.

Well, I hope you didn't Tivo this yet, the show has been canceled. No one is more disapointed than me. Except maybe Mordal.

I'm not giving up on him though, he is genuinely funny and deserves to be heard.
    Cancelled before its time? Typical network nitwits! :phhht

Chris

"Now they know he's good for at least one..."

No one is more disapointed than me. Except maybe Mordal.
    Actually, I don't think that Dave's disappointed. When I spoke to him here in Seattle, he admitted that it was likely going to be an awful show and that he was already told that his best ad-lib lines wouldn't be used...

pg--seattle

+ Reply to Thread