+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Mordal

Yay Wolf! Heehee. I may just work on you for a few weeks so we can share a favorite!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Dave has the kind of face that makes everyone think they know him. I said on another thread that he reminds you of your funny brother-in-law.
    "Once more into the breach, dear friends!"

I can see a sitcom being built around Dave a lot easier than with the other contestants ...

Maybe it's because I lived in North Dakota for 9 years, but I find this guy hilarious. I doubt anyone else in the house will be challenging him anytime soon.

Originally posted by Bumpkin
    I can see a sitcom being built around Dave a lot easier than with the other contestants ...
    I agree.
    He has that kind of "just an ordinary guy" thing going on which usually makes for great sitcoms.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    you people laugh at anything...

I think this is where our differences are and why I think Vos is the better man out of all of them...Vos' humor is more of a "evil" type...for example my friend has Vos' CD entitled "im killing here" (oh look at that he has a CD too!) and he talks about how he wants the queen mother to be dead because shes too damn old...stuff like that is funny to me...and his "my sister was dating a black guy, she said 'once you go black you never go back,' I said 'yea that cuz our family wont let you in"'

I missed the begining of the show the other daybut I caught Dave's act and he doesnt have that evil type of humor where he makes fun of a race or wishes people would die or wishes aids on somebody...

FORT Newbie
    Dave is easily my favorite... I was watching Tuesday's episode again last night because my husband had missed it and I was already laughing before Dave even made it to center stage for the final head-to-head battle. For me, that's when I know someone is really funny---when I'm laughing before they even open their mouth... and I'm still laughing the next day. (I'm still thinking about the 'robbing the gas station bit' when he said "well, what did the guy look like?"..."well, it was Dave.")

As far as the sitcom thing...I definitely think that Dave is the most appropriate for that and has the best chance of suceeding past a pilot episode and maybe a few more...Actually, he and Eddie Pepitone on the same sitcom could be interesting... A lot of the other comics are really funny and great at stand-up but I'm not sure they could carry a television show.

I found Eddie a bit disturbing

I agree Yardbelly, I smile when I think of seeing Dave perform again, and really, that does say something about how funny a person is to me.... I've told the "Well it was Dave " joke to a few people around here... we live in a town with 2 gas stations and not a single stop light... It goes over well here.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Although there was already a sitcom about nothing, I think Dave could be the successor to that type of humor, not to mention grasp an audience who's longing for some basic, real, "regular-guy" humor.

LG.
    Dave's sitcom could be about nothing in Nowhere, MN, instead of nothing in NYC.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread