+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Talent Scouts.

Celebrity Talent Scouts.

From the official site:

Caroline Rhea

A stand-up comedian and actress, Caroline hosts her own talk show. She continues to perform to sold-out audiences in top comedy clubs where she has honed these invaluable hosting skills for the last eleven years. The Montreal native has also been a regular on "Hollywood Squares" and starred as Aunt Hilda on The WB's "Sabrina, The Teenage Witch."

Joy Behar

Behar is among today's leading comic talents. She is a leading woman both on stage and screen, whether performing standup comedy or interviewing politicians and artists. While a current co-host of the daytime talk show "The View," Behar is also still a frequent comedy headliner.

Colin Quinn

Colin began his 12-year stand-up career in 1985 by making the rounds at various Manhattan clubs. In 1987, he hosted MTV's popular game show "Remote Control," which led to his own show on the network. In 1995, Quinn joined the cast of Saturday Night Live. He currently stars in "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" on Comedy Central.

Joe Rogan

Despite his hosting duties on the hit NBC show Fear Factor, Rogan still makes time to perform stand-up comedy across the country. Television viewers may also recognize Rogan from his starring role as Joe Garelli, the resident electrician at WNYX radio, on the comedy series "NewsRadio."

Buddy Hackett

Hackett began his long comedy career doing stand-up and soon became a regular on The Tonight Show, hosted at the time by Steve Allen. He was also a regular on "What's My Line?", "Hollywood Squares" and "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in."

Mo'Nique
    Mo'Nique's comedic talents in the series "Moesha" earned her her very own spin-off, "The Parkers" and led to two NAACP awards for best actress. She also has morning radio duties for Washington D.C.'s WHUR, has appeared in music videos for Eve and Busta Rhymes, and was the first female to host "Showtime at the Apollo."

John Witherspoon

An actor/comedian hailing from Detroit, John is probably best known for his work opposite Ice Cube in the "Friday" comedy franchise. He has also appeared in "Dr. Doolittle 2", "Bulworth" and in "The Wayans Bros." television series.

Phyllis Diller

Comedienne, film, television and stage actress, author, recording artist, spokesperson, philanthropist and humanitarian, Phyllis Diller has headlined in virtually every major supper club in the U.S. and scores around the world, as a professional comic. She writes her own rapid-fire comedy routines. Phyllis recently celebrated 35 years in show business.

Aisha Tyler

After graduating from Dartmouth, Aisha spent her spare time working comedy clubs and colleges in thirty states before settling in Los Angeles. In addition to her hot-streak stint as host of E! Entertainment's Emmy-nominated Talk Soup, Aisha has appeared on numerous television shows, including her recent appearance on the #1 NBC comedy, Friends.

Victoria Jackson

Probably best known for her work on Saturday Night Live, Jackson started out supporting herself as a cigarette girl, a typist and a waitress while she performed stand-up comedy. Finally, she got her big break on "The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson." Jackson recently began work on the new Nickelodeon series "Pieces to the Puzzle", starring L'il Romeo and Master P.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I rather liked the talent scouts in the shows we've seen so far.

I'm looking forward to John Witherspoon being on because he just makes me smile.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I didn't know Aisha Tyler went to Dartmouth. I liked her on Talk Soup and some other shows, but I didn't know she was so educated. Sorry, that was kind of random.

I saw the West Coast episode and found the judges entertaining with their banter. Why isn't Mo'nique on that list though? I thought she was one of the talent scouts, or was she only temporarily doing that one episode?

FORT Regular

Joe Rogan wTF?

This guy doesn't belong here as a judge. Even if he's done SC before, He's not even remotely funny on FF. What comedic credibility does he gain by saying "apparently fear is not a factor for you" a hundred times? Or how about "You 6 will have the opportunity to stare. fear. in. the. eye." That had me keeling over.

I think he should go back to leering at large breasted women.

Joe Rogan is big on the standup comedy circuit. He's much different in his standup than he is on FF. But pretty hilarious, from what I understand.

Joe Rogan rules!!!!!I find him really funny(and hot)but his stand up is definitley adults only.Remember Newsradio?He was funny on that show.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Rogan used to absolutely crack me up on News Radio. Man I miss that show!

I LOVE NEWSRADIO! All-time favorite show. Seriously. I've seen every episode at least 3 or 4 times cause they played them over and over in order on A & E but they stopped. Anyway, yeah he was funny on there. Anywho, will the ones we haven't seen yet be on tonight I imagine?

FORT Regular
    If he's that funny in real life, and you agree with me that he's about as funny as a tumor on Fear Factor, then you guys are implying that he intentionally witholds his comedic genius on FF. Why would he do that?

Also, going on and on about the Boiler room? Give me a break. That's one of Vin Deisel's pre-Fast and the Furious movies. Translation: No one probably saw it anyway.

I think he has to withold his comic genius on FF, because his comedy is extremely raunchy. I think you'd agree that there's not much to work with as far as FF goes. Although on second thought, I know you wouldn't agree, just on principle.

And this would be better talked about in the FF forum, I guess. The point is, he's a comedian, with talent, who is more than qualified to be a talent scout for this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast