+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Talent Scouts.

There was no mention of Mo'Nique?
    My purpose in life is to make a great mother-in-law. Love you Trey!

That's weird that Mo' Nique wasn't mentioned in the line-up. I liked all the celebrity talent scouts so far. Although, Joe Rogan was getting on my nerves with his out of control laughter and his little tiff on Ant's supposed borrowed line from that movie. I was going when Buddy told Joe to shut the f@@# up!

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by John
    I think he has to withold his comic genius on FF, because his comedy is extremely raunchy. I think you'd agree that there's not much to work with as far as FF goes. Although on second thought, I know you wouldn't agree, just on principle.

And this would be better talked about in the FF forum, I guess. The point is, he's a comedian, with talent, who is more than qualified to be a talent scout for this show.
    Well in my book, if someone can't produce comedy and be clean at the same time, that's already a few notches below those who can. Sure, not much to work with on Fear Factor - just as there really isn't much to work with when you interview actors and political statesmen on late night TV, but Leno and Letterman do it well anyway - well, Leno does.

If you ask me, he's on the show because no other talented comedian decided to be on instead. I think even you'd agree, that among all the judges, his comedy credentials rank the least.

And besides, I just don't like him.

Face. Fear. In. The. Eye.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Joe may have gotten a little too emphatic on the Any argument, but I think he was right. And the fact that Ant's "I've been sober 111 days... but not in a row" line is yet another old joke, well, that tends to make me think that Joe was on the money with his comments.

Yeah, but Joe didn't have to keep harping on that same point. He came off looking like a jerk, imo.

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Wolf
    Yeah, but Joe didn't have to keep harping on that same point. He came off looking like a jerk, imo.
    Agreed. Also, many comedians will inadvertently borrow from other comedians. It's just natural when you watch so many of them that some bit you've heard from somewhere will seep in to your brain and be juggled around a little bit. Not to use the clicheed phrase "make it your own" but in a way that's what it is. A lot of it is delivery and personality.

he also ran his mouth off in front of people that were clearly more accomplished in the field than he is - he needs to give respect where its due.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I would agree that a comedian will sometimes unknowingly borrow from others. But the fact that Ant told two or three jokes that many of us have heard before, well, that seems to be a pattern, not an inadvertent mistake. :nono

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    How could they not mention the comedic genius of Victoria Jackson in Casual Sex?! I mean, working with the Dice Man and all......

Joe's comedy is as raunchy as what FF have to eat...

Originally posted by Wayner
    Joe may have gotten a little too emphatic on the Ant argument, but I think he was right. And the fact that Ant's "I've been sober 111 days... but not in a row" line is yet another old joke, well, that tends to make me think that Joe was on the money with his comments.
    I'd have to agree with that Wayner.

I was surprised Ant made it to the second stage. Then he busts out another old joke.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast