+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Coast Semi-Finals: Send in the Clowns

Great recap! Did anyone else think that the Jewish lady, Randi Kaplan was so annoying after she got asked to come back? She just kept running around and screaming! Aaah! I drove me nuts!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the recap Wayner! I'm not even sure if they are showing this in the great white north, but with you providing the commentary, they don't need to

Originally posted by skywisej
    Did anyone else think that the Jewish lady, Randi Kaplan was so annoying after she got asked to come back? She just kept running around and screaming! Aaah! I drove me nuts!
    Ugh...she was getting on my last nerve. I wished Jay had slapped her. She reminded me of those out-of-control people in the Price is Right. :rolleyes

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Thanks, Skywise. And I agree with you and Wolf about Kaplan. Her story about her pendant being made from her and her deceased husband's rings was touching, and her bit wasn't bad, but she was on the annoying side when she made the finals.

Oh come on, Randi was one fo my favorites! Actually, all of my favorites came from the first episode. My Top 5 from the top 20:

1. Ant
    2. Lang
    3. Tess
    4. Randi
    5. Dat

Out of all the comics only Ralphie May and Dat Phan actually made me laugh out loud. Their material wasn't wildly original, but both of them could deliver their material really well. (And Ralphie May's ad lib about "Fear Factor" was hilarious - regardless of whether he thought up that line on the spur of the moment or had it in his back pocket, it's a sign this guy has an inventive mind.)

Everybody else just seemed like rank amateurs - It seemed like I was watching open mic night at a comedy club.
    "It takes grace to play the second fiddle well" - The Fall, "Strife Knot"

Oh yeah, for some reason I forgot about Ralphie. He was hilarious. My Top 6 are all from the first Group:

1. Ant
    2. Lang
    3. Tess
    4. Randi
    5. Ralphie
    5. Dat

Best Wayner quote (other than the ones already mentioned:
    Our tenth performer of the evening is Magdelana of Gross Pointe, MI. We see her tell one joke, and there is no behind the scenes clip for her; she has no chance. If this was Star Trek, she’d have been one of those anonymous crew members in a red shirt that always got killed at some point in the show, just to remind us how much danger our heroes were facing.
    I'm such a trekkie

Best line of the episode:
    “Yes, Jay, and thank your dad for the flowers.” Okay, Ant is funny and quick on his feet. I like this guy.
    Wayner, I now know I will enjoy laughing with you after each episode! Funny, funny, (and very true) insights there bud!!

Off to re-read the east coast cap
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Great recap, Wayner.

My thanks to Bob Doganowski for recommending it.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Glad you liked it Sheela! Man, I had no clue that Bob was getting around so much these days!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12