+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LCS Premiere Show Dicussion - *Spoilers*

LCS Premiere Show Dicussion - *Spoilers*

Enjoy the premiere of this show! Please keep all discussion of anything happening on the show in this thread only until at least midnight Eastern, so you don't spoil the show for west coasters. Thanks!

FORT Fogey
    Tonight is comics from the Western United States.

The Celebrity Talent Scouts are Joe Rogan (from Fear Factor and Talk Radio), Mo'nique (from the Parkers and Moesha and the Queens of Comedy), and Buddy Hackett (WHO!?!).

There's a redneck telling lame country jokes. Getting some snickers...

There's a lady telling cliche stereotypical Jewish and Italian jokes...

The big Black lady is semi-funny, but not all that...
    Last edited by AnnaRHR; 06-10-2003 at 09:09 PM.

FORT Fogey
    There's a really strange lady with weird hair, that makes no sense (at least to me)...

The next guy is telling all old jokes...

The judges are bickering like crazy!

FORT Fogey
    The Black guy in the Blue and Black sweater is really funny, although not particularly original!

This lady is really strange (monotone), but really funny actually!

The blonde lady with the big muscles is REALLY annoying, but the judges seemed to like her...

There's a BIG guy up there now who is just making fun of ebonics... At least he has a sense of humor about himself (He said he could be an event on Fear Factor).

Okay I'm officially bored and changing the channel...
    Last edited by AnnaRHR; 06-10-2003 at 09:42 PM.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I think the guy on the second show that was talking about being a hick was funny. I loved the robbing the gas station joke.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

I only saw the New York one, have to watch the Los Angeles in an hour. But from what I saw, this will be the show of the summer for me. Funny people and awesome editing, seemed like they only showed the best jokes, that people could actually laugh at. Some I laughed at more than others, and the people selected definately made me laugh. 5 stars. Better than AI.

Most importantly I did not leave the room like I usually do during these talent shows at some point. Not once. Maybe TV has hope after all.

Fan-of-FAME
    One of the East Coast comedians... don't recall his name told a joke about boxing being invented by gay ppl because they were fightin' over a belt and a purse. Loved that & I thought he was great.
    However, one of the judges said he swipped his routine from a film... anyone know if that is true???

It was Joe Rogan who said that the purse and belt joke was from a movie called the Boiler Room. I don't know anything about that film so I can't say if this is true or not. I thought that comedian did a good job, though.

Most of the comedians were pretty funny.
    I agreed with all the west coast comedians that were picked to advanced to the finals. They were pretty good.

When the Vietnamese comedian started telling his story about being poor, I was just I really wanted him to do well, so he could advance. He didn't dissapoint me. He was hysterical!

I didn't think the joke about the surfing - a sport where you have an animal attack you - was funny, but Joe Rogan busted out laughing and thought it was one of the best jokes. Oh well!

I saw a little bit of the East coast show, and that was also good. I think this is the show to watch, at least for me. Good times and great laughter.

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Tonight is comics from the Western United States.

The Celebrity Talent Scouts are ... and Buddy Hackett (WHO!?!).

Anna Please tell me you are kidding when you ask who Buddy Hackett is!?!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    This show so far is hard to call for me. I am watching a tape of the two shows tonight. I do like some of the comics and their jokes, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on watching this every week.

I am kind of glad I'm watching it on tape so that I can fast forward through some parts. I figure they are getting a better idea of some of these folks than we are. I do like the fact that they are presenting each comic quickly(not dragging things out too much.)

So far, I am enjoying the New York comics beter than the west coast ones.
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast