+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LCS Premiere Show Dicussion - *Spoilers*

Did anyone else realize that Ric Voz or whatever his name is (the guy in NY who kept going on and on about how he was the biggest act there) is a semi-regular on Collin Quinn's Tough Crowd. And tha Collin Quinn was one of the judges. That seemed a little strange to me.
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Yeah, I told my mom that he looked familiar and then I thought I recognized him from Tough Crowd (I've only seen it a couple of times) but yeah, this show was GREAT! I was cracking up actually. This was way better than Premium Blend on Comedy Central. I can't wait til next week already.

FORT Fogey
    To be perfectly honest, I didn't enjoy it. I found most of the jokes generic and barely laughed during the show. This is just my opinion, and I probably just favor a different kind of comedy and I probably won't watch again.

I enjoyed both shows. I think about half the jokes they aired were pretty funny. I think everyone will get funnier as the show goes along simply because the worst will be eliminated and we'll eventually get to see more than 30 seconds of each act.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I agree Z! They will have a little bit more time to work the crowd!

Besides, I can't wait to see how these comedians interact with each other in the house. Will they be as funny in the house as they are on stage?

I enjoy laughing, and the majority of these comedians were pretty good, imo. I'll definitely keep watching.

The acts will get better as it goes on. You get rid of the not very funny ones first.

The house may be interesting. It could be funny, they could have a huge fight and blow the roof off.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Zhora
    I enjoyed both shows. I think about half the jokes they aired were pretty funny. I think everyone will get funnier as the show goes along simply because the worst will be eliminated and we'll eventually get to see more than 30 seconds of each act.
    But it seems like just about everyone who they showed made it through to the next round and I am assuming that they were using their best material to get in, so that's pretty sad, in my opinion...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    But it seems like just about everyone who they showed made it through to the next round and I am assuming that they were using their best material to get in, so that's pretty sad, in my opinion...
    I think they showed 15 in the West and 20 in the East; so only half of the ones they showed in the East got in. I'm glad they spared us the poorer performances.

I loved the first one in LA, but the second one in New York bored me a little. I was cracking up for the first hour though. I can't wait til next week when we get to see more of each performer's routine.

FORT Fogey
    I only saw the second hour (I think it was second) - West Coast - so maybe that's why I didn't like it so much. I missed the New York (didn't even know there was one). I think I was watching that American Kids show or something... Was the East Coast before or after the West Coast? I got bored with the show before it ended, so I changed the channel. Maybe I would have liked the other one...
    Last edited by AnnaRHR; 06-13-2003 at 11:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast