+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LCS Premiere Show Dicussion - *Spoilers*

When the Vietnamese comedian started telling his story about being poor, I was just I really wanted him to do well, so he could advance. He didn't dissapoint me. He was hysterical!
    Me and my mother are suckers for a sob story and that left us both crying. I missed his act but my mom said it was funny. We were both so happy he made it!

Overall, some people I thought were hilarious and some didn't make me laugh once.

I may tune in again.

omg someone who doesn't know who Buddy Hackett is....I think he is sooo funny, dirty but funny.

Loved the West Coast show, loved the big fat guy and loved the gay guy, thought he was a scream. Most most of the east coast show because I didn't realise it was on...dang.

This will be fun to watch, I love stand up.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Buddy Hackett is a scream. I grew up watching him. I really hope that he is one of the judges in the final stages of the show. *That* would make it really worth watching.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Godzchyld
    One of the East Coast comedians... don't recall his name told a joke about boxing being invented by gay ppl because they were fightin' over a belt and a purse. Loved that & I thought he was great.
    However, one of the judges said he swipped his routine from a film... anyone know if that is true???
    The gay guy calls himself "Ant", and Joe Rogan said the boxing joke (and other that I can't recall) were from Boiler Room. I thought it sounded familiar. I have Boiler Room on dvd, but I'm not sure I want to watch it just to verify Rogan's claim.

I agree with those that thought the East Coast comedians were funnier as a group than the West Coast ones. The funny thing is, I think a number of the folks that made the finals from the West bracket are actually from the East Coast.

Overall, I enjoyed the show; the two hours actually flew by for me.

That someone doesn't know who Buddy Hackett is doesn't surprise me; if they're young they never saw him do standup because he was too raunchy, and he hasn't exactly torn things up in movies and TV the last 20 years or so. Frankly, the only things I remember him from were The Love Bug and Bud and Lou. I had no clue that he was the voice of Pardon-Me-Pete the groundhog in the Christmas special Jack Frost, or the voice of Scuttle in The Little Mermaid. Oh, and he's one of the first people I remember hearing get bleeped on Johnny Carson when I was a kid.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    http://www.moviequotes.com/fullquote.cgi?qnum=35322

Here is the boiler room quote. Kinda close but not the same.

I loved the Vietnamese guy. Very funny. Also, the hick who robbed the gas station AND the very last guy, Eddie. Now if I could only remember everyone's names. I will be watching this show. Love to laugh.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Oh, best part of the evening. Buddy telling Mr. Joe Fear Factor Rogan off. LOTS of f'words bleeped out. You go, Buddy!
    ~*~ Maji *~

Someone out-swore Joe? Joe has one of the filthiest mouths on television, but he restrains himself on his shows...I'm impressed.

John, it was classic. Joe would not shut up about the Boiler Room connection. So, when Buddy got his chance to talk, Joe tried to talk over him. Buddy advised him, (as best I can remember), "Hey, A**h***, shut the F*** up."

It was very fun!
    ~*~ Maji *~

that link is to the Manhattan joke.

I know I heard the boxing one before, but I have no idea where... it was a while ago though.

I'm not saying two people couldn't independently come up with the same joke though... I'm sure it happens often. I would also think a comedian trying to get on a show like this wouldn’t use material they knew was “stolen”
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by MajiH
    John, it was classic. Joe would not shut up about the Boiler Room connection. So, when Buddy got his chance to talk, Joe tried to talk over him. Buddy advised him, (as best I can remember), "Hey, A**h***, shut the F*** up."

It was very fun!
    That was definitely a classic moment. Joe just kept going on and on about the same thing, and he got a well-deserved smackdown. Way to go Buddy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast