+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This is the season finale tonight. "The most explosive show yet."

Re: 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Who wants to sit an eat in front of that fat little bastard?"

That "Chef" was totally stuck on stupid.

What shocked me in next wk's TV guide this show is considered a success, another shining star in Ramsey's career. Personally, I would be perfectly happy to never watch it again. For a limited reality tv show they actually show repeats. Like that helped the ratings at all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like the show. I live seeing what goes on behind the scenes at restaurants. (Although when he shows how disgustingly dirty some of the kitchens are, then I start to think that ignorance might be bliss after all.)

The thing that annoys me, however, is how predictable each show is:

1. Gordon shows up and orders a sampling of dishes off the menu. Often, he'll ask whether items are fresh and will be told (or will later learn) that they are frozen or canned.
    2. Inevitably, he doesn't like anything that he has ordered.
    3. He approaches the staff and at least one person (either the owner or the chef) will be reluctant to make changes and will get defensive.
    4. Gordon will inspect the kitchen and be horrified.
    5. Gordon will introduce a new menu -- the wait staff will be excited about it.
    6. Gordon will redecorate the restaurant -- again, the wait staff will seem to be the most excited about it.
    7. Gordon will invite the whole town for the "reopening," including a local "celebrity" (that term must be used loosely here) or food critic.
    8. Dinner service will start out promising, but inevitably the kitchen will get backed up due to the number of patrons. Things will get heated; tempers will start to flare. Someone will storm out, but then come back. Things get back on track. The "reopening" is a success!
    9. Everyone agrees that Gordon is a miracle worker.

That part where Gordon asked about how much money he'd made reminded me of Holly from Red Dwarf, which would go something like

"How much money 'ave me made, Hol?"
    "How much what?"
    "Money"
    "What money?"
    "The money we're taking in"
    "Where?"
    "In the restaruant, Holly."
    "What we doing in a restaraunt, then?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Damn, I missed the final episode. How will I go on??
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;2718183;
    I like the show. I live seeing what goes on behind the scenes at restaurants. (Although when he shows how disgustingly dirty some of the kitchens are, then I start to think that ignorance might be bliss after all.)

1. Gordon shows up and orders a sampling of dishes off the menu. Often, he'll ask whether items are fresh and will be told (or will later learn) that they are frozen or canned.
    3. He approaches the staff and at least one person (either the owner or the chef) will be reluctant to make changes and will get defensive.
    6. Gordon will redecorate the restaurant -- again, the wait staff will seem to be the most excited about it.
    7. Gordon will invite the whole town for the "reopening," including a local "celebrity" (that term must be used loosely here) or food critic.
    8. Dinner service will start out promising, but inevitably the kitchen will get backed up due to the number of patrons. Things will get heated; tempers will start to flare. Someone will storm out, but then come back. Things get back on track. The "reopening" is a success!
    I so agree with this. Bores me to tears.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;2718183;

I so agree with this. Bores me to tears.

I would love to see him help a restaurant that was willing and clean. It would be a great show for the Food Network. FOX needs the drama.

+ Reply to Thread