+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh my God. Did you guys see that preview for Moment of Truth? That show looks so wrong. So, so wrong.

Do you ever play Bingo with your servers, Unklescott?
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Now come on, Unk, you can't say you've never wanted to say that to a customer . "So sorry about the old bag".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2696684;
    Do you ever play Bingo with your servers, Unklescott?
    Yep I've done that. I also will give $$ to the first one to sell 10 desserts or 5 of a new item we are selling.

Rattus I have told customers off before. One idiot was raising hell one day after I refused to give them free food on a carryout. I told her "Have a nice day" to which she replied "Don't you tell me to have a nice day." My response? "Well okay then, have a bad day." My customers standing in line who heard the whole thing started clapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2696719;
    My customers standing in line who heard the whole thing started clapping.
    I would have been cheering right along with them .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I found this article about tonight's restaurant. So it looks like it's still open at least. And I didn't know they filmed in only two days! Yikes.

Filming took place over two days, in which Ramsay apparently oversaw significant changes to Campania's operations and then presided over a grand reopening, when producers packed the restaurant with VIPs, including local politicians. Cerniglia can't discuss the outcome of the show, and not just because he's barred by a contract. The changes simply happened so fast.

"Those changes in the real restaurant world would probably happen over weeks and months," Cerniglia said. "There was no time to think that I was fundamentally changing certain ways I was operating my restaurant. I was just doing it, going in whole hog."

Six months later, Cerniglia can still wear a smile when he talks about his two days on camera with Ramsay. The changes put in place have mostly held, he said. The restaurant is in better financial shape than a year ago. And he's especially fond of a tender, off-camera moment between himself and the superchef that took place toward the end of filming.
    North Jersey Media Group providing local news, sports & classifieds for Northern New Jersey!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2696719;
    Yep I've done that. I also will give $$ to the first one to sell 10 desserts or 5 of a new item we are selling.

Rattus I have told customers off before. One idiot was raising hell one day after I refused to give them free food on a carryout. I told her "Have a nice day" to which she replied "Don't you tell me to have a nice day." My response? "Well okay then, have a bad day." My customers standing in line who heard the whole thing started clapping.
    Nice.

Where I work, my boss would have given the woman the food for free, and probably a free gift card as well.

I'm glad to know that there are some managers who have a backbone when dealing with upset customers

FORT Regular

Not sure why Gordon is so down on Garlic and Pepper....well ok there is little health benefit to pepper....but not only does the garlic keep away vampires but it raises your good colestoral levels.....sorry Gordon but I like garlic....

It's probably because garlic has a strong, distinct flavor than can be extremely disruptive to certain dishes. I would know; my mother smothers everything in garlic when she cooks, and it's frequently a nasty mishmash of flavors.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12