+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/14/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

11/14/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Ah... it's sorta sad to see KN hit the basement but you could tell that is were it was heading from the first episode.

Finn McCool Pub - Bryan UGH!!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 11/14/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Ramsey makes this same mistake every week. No respectable restaurant would open without some trial runs and 'soft' openings. To overwhelm the staff by bringing in more patrons than can be handled is just irresponsible.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 11-15-2007 at 01:01 AM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2669144;
    To overwhelm the staff by bringing in more patrons than can be handled is just irresponsible.
    But that's not entertainment.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I thought everybody gave up on this show. Boy did they really piss off the fire chief last night...wonder if they managed to find a way to make that situation okay. When that guy dropped the chicken wing on the floor and picked it up and cooked it....EEEWWWWWWW!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I still watch the show each week. It's not because it's quality TV, but after 30 years in food and beverage I find it 'interesting'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I learned three things from last night show.

1. Don't go into business with Family
    2. Not all men can rock the Leprechaun beard.
    3. If you want a quick way to sterilize the chicken, drop it on the floor and then fry it.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 11-15-2007 at 10:34 PM.

FORT Regular

not sure how this resturant will survive....its not upscale enough for the "summer crowd" of the Hamptons who can fly to Ireland if they want pub food, the town gets really small in winter and its a bit of a drive from the South shore beaches which are its most likely summer business....

but there was no follow up that it closed so its still open for now....

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2671291;
    I learned three things from last night show.

1. Don't go into business with Family
    2. Not all men can rock the Leprechaun beard.
    3. If you want a quick way to sterilize the chicken, drop it on the floor and then fry it.
    Loved the sous chef's theory, I wonder if it would have held up if he had been forced the eat the chicken.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

The so-called restaurant critic also seems like a nut to me with her "There are only 4 or 5 resturants that could pull this off" comment. Yeah, she was eating shepard's pie and she looks like she wouldn't know 5 star cuisine if it hits her in the face.

BTW, the table side service idea was taken from the Moore Place episode (Season 2 of UK KN). It made sense in a formal resturant like Moore Place, but it's a dumb idea for a homestyle pub like Mckools and I bet it was a miserable failure as they didn't spend any time on the waitresses carving up the chickens. The UK episode spent at lease 10 minutes focusing on the training and techniques on table side carving.

FORT Regular

I must say table side service is a step up from carrying around raw meat on a tray to show people what the cuts look like before cooking....both I suspect were intended to make for better Tv...and I am guessing the actual table side service wasn't working since we didnt see it...which I would have prefered for the raw meat, as well.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast