+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2619010;
    I happen to know one personally.

Where? Who??

I hope you know I'm pulling your leg. Actually I would like to see you on Kitchen Nightmares, but then it would not be a nightmare, would it?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Leo
    Premium Member

I just love how the restaurant advertised Gordon's appearance on the show.

COMING SOON TO THE OLDE STONE MILL

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OLDE STONE MILL!

FOX Television recently honored Dean Marrazzo and The Olde Stone Mill Restaurant for his outstanding work of restoring and improving the community. Celebrity Chef GORDON RAMSAY spent a week at the restaurant recently, offering advice, as well as an all new revamped STEAK HOUSE MENU. Ramsay's appearance at the Olde Stone Mill was documented for a new Fox TV Reality Show to be aired sometime this fall. Be sure to check this page for updates for more information about the broadcast.
    Priceless. Absolutely priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage;2618459;
    I find that self grandizing comment very disappointing coming from GR. He would never say that in the UK version, in fact, he talked about how he had to close down one of his resturants in Scotland in one episode.
    I thought it was very appropriate in that circumstance. Dean didn't seem to want to listen to Gorden at all. He acted like he knew better and his way was better. If that were so then there would be no reason for Gordon to be there. I think Dean's attitude was horrible and Gordon quite properly tried to make him realize that he (Gordon) did indeed know what he was talking about. It was a reminder that he has 12 successful restaurants, while Dean's one was failing.

Gordon did at one point mention that he has had a failed restaurant, but at that moment I don't think it was the kick in the butt that Dean needed.

I saw it in the same vein as Gordon's comment that he didn't need to go ask the people if they liked the food, that he knew they did because of the phone calls in the morning for new reservations. I didn't take that to mean that Dean should never smooze the customers, but that it was not as necessary as Dean was making it out to be.

And why did he need a general manager? It looked like they and the hostess all did the same job. He needs more help in the back if you ask me.

One thing I found particularly funny though was Gordon's repeated joke about the funnel. The chef took it really well.

One thing I could not understand was Dean's willingness to send out food that wasn't going to taste good according to his own chef? What was that about, and why wouldn't he try to get the order machine fixed if he was in such a hurry to get the food out? It just didn't make any sense to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2617365;
    That's interesting...

The website reflects the Ramsey change to a Steak House, but the Times review linked from the same website is from 2003... I think they might be smart to ditch the link to the Times review...

I wonder how they are doing now?

I did get a kick out of the other review extolling the virtues of the chopped "funnel" salad...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Regular

IS it just me or if you went into a resturant where an employee is carrying aound hunks of raw meat wouldn't you turn around and go to the place next door.....or is caveman neuveaux for more than just auto insurance commericals......hey even they had heard of fire...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456