+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

And we have meltdown.

If they just fired the owner, the chef, the manager and the hostess this place would be in top shape.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

suddenly i wan't a steak.

That was an impressive menu change IMO. Gordon hit a home run this time around.

Yes, there should always be at least one good steak place in any town. And the butcher shop looked great. Hopefully, 10 more don't open up in town!

FORT Fanatic

any reviews since Gordon redid the place?

The food looked great after Gordon made the changes.

I went to their website..thanks to Unk...and found Tom is still with them..

This episode was a little easier on my stomach........nice break from week after week of slimy rotten bug infested food.

They received a top notch makeover....the building was deserving of all the attention.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2617692;
    The food looked great after Gordon made the changes.

I went to their website..thanks to Unk...and found Tom is still with them..

This episode was a little easier on my stomach........nice break from week after week of slimy rotten bug infested food.

They received a top notch makeover....the building was deserving of all the attention.
    Do they still have a crabcake on the menu? I love crabcake and almost always order it. I havent been able to enjoy them nearly as much since watching Gordon pick apart a crab cake on every single episode!

I couldnt take much more of the slime and bugs either.

I thought the place looked pretty good before the makeover. Why is it desirable in a restaurant for everyone to be able to see everyone else in the restaurant? Having said that, it did look very attractive after the change, too.

FORT Fogey

I thought the new menu was boring. Anyone can cook a steak at home and put it on a white plate alone. Very odd that there wasnt even a garnish, let alone side dish. I expect a lot more from Gordon. When I eat out I certainly want something I don't cook at home. And a half an avocado on the salad is way to much.

I thought he went overboard in humiliating the owner. He needed a wake up call but this was overkill. And what is up with his wife?! Half a million in debt and she didn't know because she didn't want to know? Cringe.

This show continues to disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2617873;
    I thought the new menu was boring. Anyone can cook a steak at home and put it on a white plate alone. .
    I respectfully disagree about anyone cooking a steak at home. Yes anyone can, but commercial broilers operate at a constant temperature whereas if you try to broil a steak at home, once your oven reaches 550 ° it will cycle on and off, unless you keep the oven door itself at the first open point to keep the oven from reaching temperature. Then it just does not taste the same either.

Very odd that there wasnt even a garnish, let alone side dish. I expect a lot more from Gordon. When I eat out I certainly want something I don't cook at home. And a half an avocado on the salad is way to much.
    Sometimes Gordon proves "less is more" and let the food shine for itself. I do believe I did see side dishes at the table. On the Olde Stone Mill website, sides are listed on the menu. I agree about the avocado, a bit too much although I know people who like that much, but not me.

I thought he went overboard in humiliating the owner. He needed a wake up call but this was overkill. And what is up with his wife?! Half a million in debt and she didn't know because she didn't want to know? Cringe.
    I don't think he went overboard with the owner. The guy just did not want to listen at first. I was rather taken aback by the wife myself with her "What you don't know won't hurt you" attitude. Lady that's your money also. Didn't she get a clue when she wanted drycleaning money? And what's with that? She needs to go to him for money? YIKES!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast