+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 10/3 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/3 Show discussion **Spoilers**

If they were a good manager they wouldn't need to be on Kitchen Nightmares, no? I thought this place looked good and clean. But I would never eat there because I wouldn't want the manager hovering around my table! I just want to eat good food and have my drink refilled. The manager was definitely the problem with this place. I can't believe he didn't get sacked.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

When the restaurant was redone Mike was crying like he was the owner. I think Mike needs to be gone.

great show last night, it seemed easier to turn this restaurant around than the others.

I need a wav file that plays Gordon's 'Oh no"...he cracks me up every time.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Fogey

How refreshing! This episode was much closer to his BBC show in that he focused on the menu and decor. The manager taking half the tip money was horrible and we never saw that resolved. It must have missed the edit.

I have hope this restaurant may benefit from this and get on track despite their decision to keep the manager on. The changes are bound to attract attention. There is a huge need for healthy sophistocated food. The best you can get outside a metropolitan or hip area is the sentence at the bottom of the menus stating that they will be happy to broil your fish.

Looks like next week we have to sit though another FOX tabloid extravaganza.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Thanks for that link, Unk...

I noted there were no reviews after 2002... Apparently that's when the place started down hill... Think that's when Billy was hired??
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Unlike the previous two episodes, this was a restaurant I wouldn't be terrified to try out after seeing it on the show. But I agree with the above posts, Billy needs to grow a set and dump Mike, he's useless. If he couldn't even keep the reservations straight for a small restaurant, he needs to find another calling in life. Crybaby.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Hahah...

Editing my above post... Substitute Mike for Billy...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2597918;
    Here is a quote from the "mission statement" of the restaurant.

Today there are basically two options when dining out at Long Island restaurants. The first is to get ready to mortgage the house or forego the joys of an "extraordinary eating experience". The other is to settle for an enjoyable but not too exciting meal in a local Long Island restaurant at a price one can afford to pay.

In this regard

The Mixing Bowl Eatery represents a unique departure from most other eating establishments on Long Island. Our mission is "to provide food that tickles the palette and awakens the senses at neighborhood restaurant prices"

** Frankly, I would be wary of a restaurant whose spokesperson does not know how to spell "PALATE".

Maybe he's a painter in his spare time.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2598577;
    How refreshing! This episode was much closer to his BBC show in that he focused on the menu and decor. The manager taking half the tip money was horrible and we never saw that resolved. It must have missed the edit.

I have hope this restaurant may benefit from this and get on track despite their decision to keep the manager on. The changes are bound to attract attention. There is a huge need for healthy sophistocated food. The best you can get outside a metropolitan or hip area is the sentence at the bottom of the menus stating that they will be happy to broil your fish.

Looks like next week we have to sit though another FOX tabloid extravaganza.
    I agree with everything you said. I wish Billy had more balls and acted more firmly to deal with Mike, but he (Billy) seems like a sympathetic enough guy. A little in over his head, but hopefully the visit knocked enough sense into him. Heck, he could do worse than putting his wife as manager.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234