+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion thread 9/26

Re: Show discussion thread 9/26

So My understanding is the Management of "Dillion's felt they show the restaurant in a bad light. Well Yeah ya think. A restaurant that has more roaches then customers is not exactly in a good light. I mean rotten food being served its lucky nobody died from eating in that nasty joint.

This weeks focus on the food this week further lets me know on last weeks show the food was not a huge problem, Peter was.

They could blow that place up and start over and I would never eat in it.

FORT Fan

Frankly, after seeing the kitchen at Peter's and now the kitchen at Dillion's I never want to eat in a restaurant again. Or maybe insist on a tour of the kitchen before I do.

Martin was even more useless than Peter, if that's possible. Interesting how the owner disputes Martin's claims in the lawsuit that business is worse than before.

But yeah, that kitchen was foul. They could steam clean the whole place and wash it down in bleach, I'd never eat there. Bleah. I wonder if they'll gain a few new customers from the show, or would it scare them from trying it out?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Oh I think the viewing public will avoid that place. If the chef in a restaurant needs help from another chef because he has no vision or creativity is reason enough to skip it. The absolute squallor and vermin ridden building is another story. Will they keep it clean from now on? Not likely. I will not be surprised to hear that it has closed its doors very soon. Shameful display of incompetency on every level. And why did that waitress show up for work day after day with no diners? They must have been giving her a higher wage than wait staff pay.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2588417;
    They could blow that place up and start over and I would never eat in it.

Since the episode aired, which Martin had tried to block, maybe that means his idiotic lawsuit has been thrown out. He knew the conditions of the restaurant (in all it's nightmarish detail), and he knew ultimately, come what may, he could "pass the buck". So he really did suck big time. Everyone did, and from the sound of it, still does.

What a disgusting, sickening episode. I have no appetite at all now, except for chicken broth.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

I agree. It was disgusting, all those managers, and the flies, and roaches, and rats. I was gagging! I had to turn the channel a few times. I decided I'd have to bite the bullet and cook more at home. Honestly, how is it that they were still open?

I decided to search the name of the new restaurant Purnima and now I am confused. Purnima Restaurant is at the same locations as Dillons but is listed as in Indian restaurant with Vikas as the executive chef and the reviews are excellent. Reviews dated around the same type for Dillions and Purnima are totally different but I was under the impression the restaurants were one in the same.
    Holla back!

Ti5
    FORT Newbie

Hi (again? -- I think I lost my 1st post... )! I am a newbie (reformed lurker).

I thought they were one in the same. I found Purnima's website, and there is a page for "Dillons Bar".

www/purnimarestaurant/com (sorry..I can't post a link since I am new here.)

I have another question though. Did Gorden goof when he had the awning re-made for the restaurant? I noticed the website -- and in the original scenes -- it is Dillons. On the new awning, it is spelled Dillions with an extra 'i'

I have a coupe of screencaps of the change in spelling, but I can't post those right now.

Leo
    Premium Member

The more I watch the American version of this show, the more I think the guys at Fox don't really "get" Kitchen Nightmares as a show. There's too much personal drama and the way they edit it overwhelms the whole show. Also, the way they show the changes to the restaurant is too sudden. On the UK version, you really see the progression and effort they put in. Here... it might as well be magic.

Frankly, I think Fox is doing a piss-poor job of translating the show to the US. They imported the name and the overall idea of the show, but they're not doing the things that made the original so successful and well-received. The original won a BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Award and an International Emmy. The Fox version is not even close.

As for the episode itself... the managers and the owner are lucky none of them are in jail. The conditions in the restaurant were so bad, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in violation of some law that could result in jail time. And Martin has the temerity to sue? Unbelievable.

Agree about how Fox is producing the show. Seems like another over-drama-injected reality show. To be more like the British version it would probably have to be on Food Network, unfortunately. Fox feels it has to compete with the likes of Big Brother, Survivor, Apprentice, and ... Hells Kitchen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast