+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion thread 9/26

Re: Show discussion thread 9/26

Where on earth do they find these filthy, disgusting places? The owners must have agreed to be humiliated on TV and probably were fully aware that their place was a cesspool. Why would anybody even agree to be on this show?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2588075;
    Where on earth do they find these filthy, disgusting places? The owners must have agreed to be humiliated on TV and probably were fully aware that their place was a cesspool. Why would anybody even agree to be on this show?
    Maybe they saw the U.K. version and thought from that they'd get a fair shake.

I mean, not that they deserve it. With this version the places picked don't deserve the help. The sensationalistic selection process is to blame--if this was done right the place would deserve that "fair shake".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Here's a review.
    Dillons Restaurant & Lounge - New York, NY, 10019 - Citysearch

Avoid it like a plague !
    1 Star Rating: Not Recommended

09/03/2007 Posted by taboo123

the management and staff was horrible. they were rude, tired and completely not into any sort of hospitality. the food keep changing there ..they dont know what they want to be. they have changed names about 3 times in the past year and yes,....there were rodents all over. i have no idea how or why this place is even open. there is alot of construction going to happen there in the next 2 years as trump will build a building...which means....MORE VERMIN!!!!!! absolutely gross.

Pros: you could breathe somewhat

Cons: horrible staff and atmosphere

Martin needs to be fired, never hired again in the restaurant industry, and possibly deported. At least the other managers had the grace to be ashamed about the quality of the restaurant and the food. Martin is only concerned about himself. Miserable jackass.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ghostbusters!

Once more, the American version pays for something to be done that the owner is too CHEAP to do.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The terrible thing is that this place looks so normal on the outside. The managers wear suits, the tablecloths are white and yet it's just the most horrible place ever. How can one ever be sure that any restaurant is clean??
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

Why did the waitress mouth off at Gordon over his treatment of Martin? a little something going on there...?

Martin really needs to go. If they have the ops manager, what exactly is Martin supposed to do?

FORT Fanatic

I know drama is what reality shows thrive on but Gordon's making even me uncomfortable with the way he's treating Martin right now. Fire the man, give him his coat and let him walk out of there. Not necessary to take it to this level of extreme humiliation.

FORT Fanatic

I just read all the reviews posted at the site that Unkle provided and I dont get it...horrible reviews as late as just a couple of weeks ago. If Gordon 'turned it around' last winter sometimes (they were all wearing winterish clothes) then why the bad reviews now?

I'm talking to myself...everybody's gone...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast