+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Even after this show I won't wonder if Peter will revert to being uh... scumbag. To save this business the parents really need to leave Tina in charge and fire Peter.

I enjoyed this show much, much better than Hell's Kitchen. I did wish one of the chef's would have gone after Peter for eating one of the customer's clam dishes and screwing up service and blaming everyone else but himself.

Oh, Peter, quit the tanning bed. It's turning your skin to leather.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did any one else notice the Zagat rating plaque on the outside of the restaurant? It was blurred at the end but earlier in the episode it was clear.
    On the Zagat website it says the restaurant opened in 1990.
    Peter's Italian Restaurant Restaurants - Zagat - Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2579522;
    Even after this show I won't wonder if Peter will revert to being uh... scumbag. To save this business the parents really need to leave Tina in charge and fire Peter.

I enjoyed this show much, much better than Hell's Kitchen. I did wish one of the chef's would have gone after Peter for eating one of the customer's clam dishes and screwing up service and blaming everyone else but himself.

Oh, Peter, quit the tanning bed. It's turning your skin to leather.
    He never stopped being a scumbag I bet. Any seeming contrition or change of habits was no doubt strictly for the cameras and the inevitable revisit by Ramsay.

And while I agree to how superior this is to Hell's Kitchen, I can't help but compare it to the British version of Kitchen Nightmares--which so far seems head and shoulders above this production.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I was really hoping they would change the name of the restaurant.....oh well, it was probably the dad's name. Peter, Peter.....oh........I am speechless. Don't have a lot of confidence that he will continue to earn all his mooching off the business.

I really really like this better than Hell's kitchen. You get to see Gordon's humanity side.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Ok am I the only one that thought Peter's "bill collector" was a mob guy?

FORT Fogey

How disappointing! This episode was very disjointed and not at all like its BBC counterpart. No mention of Restaurant Depot ravioli after Gordon said the filling was like baby food. No mention of how to make a good crab cake or insisting they be eliminated. It showcased Peter. He was NOT good TV. Gordon working with the chef to create better food should have been, at least, part of it.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I hope they get better. This episode was just nonsense.

And yes, the mob leaped to mind with the "bill collector".

There used to be a restaurent makeover show, I think it was on TLC were a team would come in and examine the restaurent and tell the owners what needed to be done. The team would also tell the owners how much it would cost because the owners were paying for the transformation. The typical makeovers would run $40,0000 to $50,000. What was really terrific about this show was they would have to close down for the week and the designer would totally redo the interior and the chef would redo the kitchen as well as the menu and he would have the restaurent chef do a couple of dry runs. It was only a half hour show but very professionally done and no drama via Peter.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought this show was hilarious. The reason it showcased Peter is because he was the whole problem. The chef knew how to make crabcakes he just didn't have the tools to accomplish it, like a working oven. I thought Peter made for great tv because he was so over the top. The owners of the next restaurant will probably be boring compared to Peter.
    I got the impression at times that Gordon was a little intimidated by Peter but he still told him like it was. I was actually worried for Gordon a few times. I was wondering if he had bodyguards with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2579609;
    Ok am I the only one that thought Peter's "bill collector" was a mob guy?
    Nope, you're not the only one! I wonder if, when helping with restaurant reorganization (which must've included budgeting), Gordon took "mob protection fees" into consideration?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2579891;
    Nope, you're not the only one! I wonder if, when helping with restaurant reorganization (which must've included budgeting), Gordon took "mob protection fees" into consideration?
    I thought he was some kind of thug for sure.......but you'd think he would have shyed away from the filming of a national tv show....

Can't you just hear the news reporter:
    "Mobster experienced his own nightmare from his arrest stemming from his appearance on Fox's Kitchen Nightmares ...more on the 10 o'clock news "...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast