+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

From the Fox press site:

“HELL’S KITCHEN”’S FIERY CHEF GORDON RAMSAY
    RETURNS TO FOX WITH “KITCHEN NIGHTMARES”

Hell hath no fury like an angry chef, and no chef has a sharper temper than Gordon Ramsay when things go wrong in the kitchen. The star of the highly rated culinary boot camp HELL’S KITCHEN returns to FOX with another sizzling unscripted series, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES. This time, Chef Ramsay hits the road, in each episode tackling a restaurant in crisis and exposing the stressful realities of trying to run a successful food business. KITCHEN NIGHTMARES starts production in February, while the third season of HELL’S KITCHEN starts production later this month and will premiere on FOX this spring.

For restaurant owners in crisis with lazy chefs in the kitchen, temperamental wait staffs and few and unhappy diners, it’s time to call in the restaurant industry’s equivalent of 911.

Inspired by one of the UK’s biggest hits, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES is seen in more than 50 territories around the globe, and the series reveals a whole new side to Ramsay. He’s still prone to the explosive outbursts and spectacular confrontations familiar to fans of HELL’S KITCHEN, but he also shows his sensitive and nurturing side – a unique blend of fury, passion, inspirational leadership and tough love that can turn a small spark of talent into a roaring flame.

Feared and revered in equal measure, Ramsay has to galvanize owners, chefs and their kitchen brigades as he attempts to turn around the fortunes of each restaurant in just one week and save them from their living nightmares.

There’s no time for polite small talk as Ramsay embarks on his mission to turn things around. If the wine waiter’s service isn’t up to par, he’ll be out the door before he can say “merlot.” If the head chef doesn’t match up to Ramsay’s expectations, Ramsay will hammer him into shape, and if he can’t stand the heat, he may quit the kitchen.

Ramsay’s reputation is on the line, so there’s bound to be high blood pressure, raised voices and serious clashes as he attempts to do the impossible: turn a deserted dining room into the most sought-after venue in town in just a week.

KITCHEN NIGHTMARES is from Granada America based on a format by Optomen Television. Executive producers are Arthur Smith, Pat Llewellyn, Kent Weed, Gerry McKean and Curt Northrup.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Ooooo! I love this show on BBC. I'm excited that Fox is bringing it to the U.S. The guy who pushes the "bleep" button will definitely be getting a good workout!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie
    I also love this show on BBCA!! Can't wait!

I fear FOX will ruin this show with trying to be too over the top and one too many bleeps.

Kitchen Nightmare's on BBC was brilliant as is his new show The F Word. On american tv, Ramsey is shown as a heartless bastard. On his BBC shows he shows his commitment and love for his work. Sure, there's a few "f" words thrown in but I also get a lot out of what he does and says. He actually seems to care which is something FOX has not been able to convey. Too much yelling and screaming.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2194925;
    I fear FOX will ruin this show with trying to be too over the top and one too many bleeps.

Kitchen Nightmare's on BBC was brilliant as is his new show The F Word. On american tv, Ramsey is shown as a heartless bastard. On his BBC shows he shows his commitment and love for his work. Sure, there's a few "f" words thrown in but I also get a lot out of what he does and says. He actually seems to care which is something FOX has not been able to convey. Too much yelling and screaming.
    I wish they would tone down the swearing on the show, but I get the feeling that the British style of operating a business or judging talent, clashes with what Americans except and that causes some friction between someone, like Gordon Ramsey and one of the wannebe chefs or Simon Cowell and one of the American Idol hopeful.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I would much rather the show remain in England. With contaminated produce and people getting sick in restaurants here, I'm already eating out less.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on FOX

So we are getting an American version... (at least according to the commercials shown during this week's Hell's Kitchen)

Reactions?

And how much Ramsay is too much?

For reference see the Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica thread (sic--it should be "Ramsay's") and the Hell's Kitchen forum.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-02-2007 at 11:36 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on FOX

Hopefully this will be much better than Hell's Kitchen.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2458931;
    So we are getting an American version... (at least according to the commercials shown during this week's Hell's Kitchen)

Reactions?

And how much Ramsay is too much?
    First the second question...how much is too much? For me there's never enough! I enjoy both of his BBCA shows (Kitchen Nightmares and The F Word) along with Hell's Kitchen. This will be a nice addition to the two Brit ones once HK is done to keep my weekly trilogy complete.

I'm not sure if regular HK viewers are quite ready for the Ramsay that's in Nightmares though....it's the 'softer' side of him that isn't really seen on there. Granted, he's still got his moments, but overall if it's anything like the BBC version he's a totally different person.

I just got next week's TV Guide and Ramsey is being sued by one of the former manager's of a New York city restaurent (the name of the restuarent began with a 'D') that participated in the American version of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. The lawsuit claims that the makeovers are all fake. I'm not sure what the plaintiff wants though, an apology from Ramsey ??????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast