+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

FORT Regular

Re: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

Fluff the menu on their web site looks a lot like Ramsay's....they now advertise fresh dough and using the Pizza ovens they paid tons for....but the menu also seems to have been changed since the make over ...not back to the 20 flavors but I think so Sebastian could have the last word.....

here is the link for anyone who wants to see the resturant now...
    Sebastians Restaurant
    Last edited by lostintheozone; 11-12-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks for the link, lostintheozone

I think there's far too much on that menu still.
    Still seems rather convoluted to me, but the place is still open so I guess on some level it must be working for now.
    I pity the wait staff and chefs though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Though I'd seen Sebastian's, I couldn't place it at first. Then I remembered it's across the street from Marie Calenders and just down from El Torrito. That's funny, as I've been to both those restaurants many times. Sebastian's always looked pretty, but it always looked pretty empty too, and that's never a good sign.

As for the location, if you make a left out of the Hollywood Bowl, you can be there in about ten minutes. It's not in Hollywood, but it's a hop, skip and a jump away.

FORT Regular

thanks Lopevian....close enough for the stars to eat there....but they choose not too....probably a good idea....one of the reviews on the web called the service slow and surley.....Obviously they knew the cameras were rolling when Gordon was there....

Fluff...I think Gordon's menu was simplier....didnt actually see it....but I don't recall anyone talking about four choices for topings....at least even after the reworking they kept the photos out of it.......

Slow and surly
    I found the servers fairly peppy while the show was filming there, but I imagine constantly facing the glazed look in the eyes of the patrons as you spend upwards of 15 minutes explaining the menu could take a toll on you.
    As you say, they were likely very aware of the cameras, particularly as many of them were apparently actors and models.

I'm no expert in this field by any means, but I think the concept is an interesting one and could work, but Sebastian didn't appear to have a good handle on implementing it.
    There seemed to be just too much to choose from, it was all too complicated and they were sacrificing quality in order to try and make it work.
    It was one of the more frustrating shows to watch, imo, because the basic restaurant seemed decent. There didn't appear to be any hygiene issues and while some of the chefs were young they seemed capable and eager to do more than just zap frozen meals in the microwave.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthezone
    Fluff...I think Gordon's menu was simplier....didnt actually see it....but I don't recall anyone talking about four choices for topings....at least even after the reworking they kept the photos out of it.......
    Yes, ugh, the photos
    It wouldn't be quite so bad if the photos actually helped to positively showcase the food. They made it look every bit as bad as it undoubtedly tasted.

I don't recall seeing a close-up of Gordon's menu, but it was definitely simpler and he focused on quality rather than quantity.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

makeovers seem pretty real

FORT Newbie

PETER PETER PROFIT EATER

Christmas evening we were watching an old rerun of "PETERS" restaurant in Babylon NY where Chef Ramsay saved the day only for a few days.

We were so interested the show only because of the Biggest Idiot "PETER" who is co/owner chief liability of that episode.

I spent hours this morning gathering all the dirt I could GOOGLE on this business and unfortunately for you guys I ended up here for the first time.

I am here to report that those idiots due to a helpless cause obviously "PETER" himself and a disfunctional family that refused to face that PUNK. Thought that they could do better than Ramsay himself, changed the menu after bringing in a new Chef are "OUT OF BUSINESS" as of 4th qtr 2008 where the restaurant is stated 'SOLD'.

We only hope TINA the real personal owner has regrouped and reopened somewhere else less butthead 'PETER' and has saved her home.

I watched the reruns last night too, and looked up reviews for Peter's on Zagat's...not very glowing, I must say. Sounds like they didn't listen to Ramsay and did what they pleased when he left. Not too smart.

That's too bad she had to sell her restaurant. They should have dumped Peter a long time ago, he added nothing of value to the business.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3257753;
    I watched the reruns last night too, and looked up reviews for Peter's on Zagat's...not very glowing, I must say. Sounds like they didn't listen to Ramsay and did what they pleased when he left. Not too smart.

That's too bad she had to sell her restaurant. They should have dumped Peter a long time ago, he added nothing of value to the business.
    I totally agree that Peter should have gone. One of the good ones bites the dust also.

Trobiano's closed by the state tax authorities

Trobiano's closed by the state tax authorities - Tristate Region - Chowhound

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234