+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

FORT Regular

Re: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

Quote Originally Posted by haejin;2616078;
    I only recently started watching the UK edition of KN. The difference is unbelievable! The UK edition has a much cleaner, documentary-like feel to it, whereas the US edition is most definitely a pseudo-soap. Try watching back-to-back an episode each of the two editions - US KN's sheer cheesiness totally floored me by comparison. I always find myself googling the restaurants featured in the UK edition to see how they're are doing now. For the US one? Not at all.
    I agree totally. The US version always seems staged with cheesy gratutious comments from the owners about how great GR has saved their business/life/marriage. And I hate the free remodelling each resturant gets. In the UK version, the owners do their own renovations and painting. Each US show has to have a happy ending, the UK shows let the owners determine their fate. I give up watching the US shows and I can't wait for the new season of the UK version to start soon enough.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Darn, it wasn't on last week, and tomorrow night is a repeat...a repeat of Dillons!! I can't believe their going back there! Well I'm not, not after finally get that hideous aftertaste out of my brain. I miss Gordon.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2639247;
    Darn, it wasn't on last week, and tomorrow night is a repeat...a repeat of Dillons!! I can't believe their going back there! Well I'm not, not after finally get that hideous aftertaste out of my brain. I miss Gordon.
    Hmm, I was hoping the US series got canceled.

FORT Newbie

i loved the hell's kitchen , so i'll love Kitchen Nightmares(maybe..)

I enjoy this show more than Hell's Kitchen, there I mainly get off on Ramsay going ballistic on his current whipping boy or girl.

Even with the down the line follow-ups mentioned at the end of this show, though, It is beyond difficult for me to view it as realistic that some of the basket cases shown in these failure-to-wonderland tales actually hold it together; they just appear to be so far gone in embracing failure or nutsville to turn it around in a weeks time even with the insight and aid of Ramsay and his makeover elves.

The pizzeria episode: WOW, Sebastian is one serious Kook!

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer;2657656;
    The pizzeria episode: WOW, Sebastian is one serious Kook!

I absolutely hated Sebastian episode -- in fact, the N.Y. show was lousy, too. Distinctly different than the UK episodes -- HORRIBLE! Hope they cancel U.S. shows and stick with the UK -- if not, at least fire the editors. Am dedicated to watching UK reruns rather than American episodes. Talk about scripted. YIKES!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;2658155;
    I absolutely hated Sebastian episode -- in fact, the N.Y. show was lousy, too. Distinctly different than the UK episodes -- HORRIBLE! Hope they cancel U.S. shows and stick with the UK -- if not, at least fire the editors. Am dedicated to watching UK reruns rather than American episodes. Talk about scripted. YIKES!!!
    No need to watch UK reruns, the new 5th season is already airing and judging by the first 2 episodes, it's going to be another great season. Light years ahead of the US crap.

FORT Regular

with the Sebastians one....they make a big deal about it being in Hollywood....like its the next Schwabs....or the Taco Bell that J. Lo eats at.........but its web site lists its adress as Toulca Lake....could one of the LA fort fans help me...is it in the TMZ or not.....either way I think the number of stars who actually ate there were few and far between...

I think Sebastian really just wanted Ramsay to come in and make his concept work.
    He seems very convinced that the 20 flavour combinations idea is a winner.
    I don't think he simply wanted to see his restaurant become a success, he wanted it to be a success because of his concept.

I recorded this on PVR and it stopped rather abruptly with Gordon walking away saying he didn't think Sebastian would stick to the new menu.
    Is anyone able to tell me if they did an update on the restaurant, please?
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast