+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on FOX

I read about that lawsuit a while back. Maybe Ramsay asked the owner to can the guy who's suing, or something along those lines. The operative word in his description: former manager.

It's amusing, though, the premiere episode of the UK version also featured a lawsuit.

FORT Newbie

erm im from the uk and that load of crap about the lawsuit is just wrong. In the first ever episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares in the UK, a woman tried to sue them for exactly the same reason......he put the things right it was just that the owner switched back to what they were doing previously before gordon came

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Back when I had BBC America, this show would gross me out with the before pictures. If it comes to American I hope it doesn't visit any places where I've been to eat.

EXCELLENT, he did great stuff on the UK version, cant wait to see the USA version

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz;2469930;
    EXCELLENT, he did great stuff on the UK version, cant wait to see the USA version
    Me either! It was from watching the UK version that I became a huge fan of Gordon's. He really is a likable guy, who cares about what he does, and does it exceptionally well. I hope this show is a huge hit!

Re: Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay

I'll be watching Gordon ramsay on every channel he is on. I love his approach to the restaurants on Kitchen Nightmares and the F word
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2194925;
    I fear FOX will ruin this show with trying to be too over the top and one too many bleeps.

Kitchen Nightmare's on BBC was brilliant as is his new show The F Word. On american tv, Ramsey is shown as a heartless bastard. On his BBC shows he shows his commitment and love for his work. Sure, there's a few "f" words thrown in but I also get a lot out of what he does and says. He actually seems to care which is something FOX has not been able to convey. Too much yelling and screaming.
    This is my concern as well. Our only hope is that Ramsey wanted to portray himself authentically and nixed any notion to the contrary.

I love watching RKN on BBC (they show it uncensored on the Food Network here in Canada). Yes, he has a foul mouth but he also seems to really care about getting these restaurants back on track, and he's funny as anything. I much prefer watching him on this show than HK which I detest and won't watch. Which Ramsay is the real Ramsay? HK's raving lunatic or RKN's foul-mouthed, committed and passionate mentor?

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2579209;
    Which Ramsay is the real Ramsay? HK's raving lunatic or RKN's foul-mouthed, committed and passionate mentor?
    I say both, 20/80 respectively.

I only recently started watching the UK edition of KN. The difference is unbelievable! The UK edition has a much cleaner, documentary-like feel to it, whereas the US edition is most definitely a pseudo-soap. Try watching back-to-back an episode each of the two editions - US KN's sheer cheesiness totally floored me by comparison. I always find myself googling the restaurants featured in the UK edition to see how they're are doing now. For the US one? Not at all.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast