+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/home...t_the_show.jsp

Tuesdays @ 9pm
    Rancid scallops, arrogant head chefs, and dangerously dirty kitchens...these are just some of the horrors that await celebrated UK chef, Gordon Ramsay, in Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Famous for his explosive personality, fiery temper, and colorful language, Gordon attempts to save a different restaurant from financial ruin every week. With his passion for food and infamous lack of patience with sloppy standards in the kitchen, he spares no one in his pursuit of restaurant excellence.

And Gordon knows the secret of success. He is a multi-award winning chef and all three of his London restaurants hold Michelin stars, Europe's highest and most coveted restaurant accolade.

From Britain's beautiful Lake District to a former Michelin-rated restaurant in Wales, Gordon rails against incompetent restaurateurs, waiters with bad breath, and chefs who insist on deep-frying everything.

It's no surprise that the dining rooms are empty every night and the businesses are losing money fast.
    "I've opened up the doors to my kitchens in the past, now there's going to be some serious criticism of how other people run theirs. I've only got a week to turn things round, so I won't be mincing my words. And if they can't cut it, they won't know what's hit them."
    Gordon Ramsay
    While chefs quit and owners face bankruptcy, customers start to return to these beleaguered dining rooms as Gordon's advice takes effect. But before he can claim victory, his patience and professionalism are tested again when he returns unannounced a month later to see how the restaurants are getting on.
    This was scary, both because Ramsey is a very intimidating person, and the condition of the kitchen. Like a train wreck, I couldn't stop watching as the poor chef wannabe just failed so miserably.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Loved the first episode, even though Ramsay's managerial style borders on abusive. I've worked with cooks like the one who couldn't taste the difference between a spoiled scallop and a fresh one. Kind of nice to see them get their comeuppance.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Regular
    Brilliant series, set to return next year after Ramsey signed an exclusive deal with Channel 4 (although it may be renamed "Ramsey to the Rescue")

Gordon Ramsey will also appear on FOX soon with a US version of Hell's Kitchen. I didn't watch the UK version as it was celebrity based with a nightly vote off - both unneccessary IMO. The US version though will take young "chefs" and there will be no public voting - a bit more like Jamie's Kitchen.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    This weeks episode was so different from the first. Gordon was positively pleasant to almost everyone in the kitchen of the Glass House restaurant. The over-paid Head Chef is unfortunately the real weak link here. Even with a simplified menu of precooked dishes he fails to lead the very competent staff, causing waits and chaos in the kitchen.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Yeah, but no, but yeah teenyyogini's Avatar
    Okay, I am totally loving this show. For some odd reason, I find Gordon very attractive. This week was just as entertaining as last week, with a wimpy owner, head strong sous chefs and lousy food. Gordon swoops in and kicks major butt in his endearing way. Meow Gordon!
    om shanti

Does anyone know when we're going to get channel 4's Hells kitchen on BBCa?

Is anyone watching this show??? I just discovered it on the Food network up here in Canada and it is ( in Ramsey's words) "F****n brilliant". Tonight's episode had a Scottish millionaire who made his fortune importing Wimpy's and Kentucky Fried Chicken to Scotland and now is trying to operate a french restaurant with a crack team of french chefs. The locals couldn't read the menu and despite Ramsey bringing in two !! food critics, the head chef would not accept that his food had too many flavours and ingredients. ( Ramsey was cooking with 4 while this chef was cooking with 14 different ingredients).

This is a fascinating show and is going onto my personal must watch list!!!
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Has this begun again? What are dates/times?

I looove Ramsay. Didn't like him at first, when I saw him on "Faking it" on BBC America. Thought he was too mean to the fish fry guy (who was trying to fake being a real chef).

But watching him give a no nonsense appraisal to restaurant owners on "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" (BBC America again) and then on Hell's Kitchen in America, I found appreciation for his methods... He is the culinary equivalent to Jo (Supernanny). If only they listen!

So I guess I need to set up a season pass then huh? I like this show much better than Top Chef. No corny challenges, just a real kitchen to run.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    RKN is on Wednesdays at 9:00, with a rerun the following Sunday at 10:00 a.m.

There are more restaurants in the second season, and the results have been pretty amazing so far, with one restaurant moving to bigger and better quarters and another winning a prestigious award after following Ramsay's advice.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

I like this show. I'll keep watching. Someone started a thread in Hells Kitchen for this show and John just posted about this thread. I have no idea why I could not find it. This is a great site. Keep a clear direction.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast